Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3125 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2009 8:02 AM by lenzlaw RSS
Mouserunner Expert 37 posts since
Mar 16, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 5, 2009 1:42 PM

Toes rubbing...

My toes are rubbing together on my runs and creating a blister. It is between my middle toes and recently started after my last run of 4 miles. I have been using two pairs of shoes and have used these shoes on my runs before with no issues. However, my mileage is starting to get a little longer each run. Is this a toe box issue with the shoes? Or is there something I should be doing to prevent this from happening?

Frank Montgomery, IL *Fox Trot 5K, April 26th, 2009* *Rosary 5K, May 2009* *Disney Marathon, January 2010* Help support LIVESTRONG.ORG and my FIRST MARATHON. [Cure Cancer|http://www.active.com/donate/mouserunner] *Thank you for your support.*
  • lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,376 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    1. Apr 5, 2009 3:26 PM (in response to Mouserunner)
    Re: Toes rubbing...

Are you sure it's the toes and not the toenails? Some runners use vsaeline or bodyglide on their toes. But you're right, it could be the toebox is too narrow for your foot. Also make sure your shoes are long enough - a thumb-nail width between your longest toe and the front of the shoe. If all these things check out OK, another solution might be toe-socks, like Injinji socks.

Len

Len

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,376 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    3. Apr 6, 2009 8:02 AM (in response to Mouserunner)
    Re: Toes rubbing...

Injinji socks and the like are a favorite of ultra-marathoners, where blister prevention becomes much more important. Unfortunately, they're not cheap. I got mine at a marathon expo and I think they were 2 pair for $25.

Len

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...