Skip navigation

1926 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2009 8:38 AM by askcami RSS
CLH17 Amateur 8 posts since
Nov 5, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 7, 2009 5:48 PM

Wetsuit - any suggestions?

I'm doing my second Tri in May - but for this one I will need a wet suit.  I have no idea where to start.  Should I buy? Should I rent?  I'm a little iffy on RENTING a wet suit - but wanted to make sure i research all options.  Does anyone have any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?  Thanks in advance for your help!

• Joe_h1 Community Moderator 1,833 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Apr 8, 2009 7:49 AM (in response to CLH17)
    Re: Wetsuit - any suggestions?

do you think you  want to stay w/ the sport? if so look at buying. renting might be a good way to try out different brands  but if you got the time try some on at the local tri shop and buy one - if you're going to stick w/ the sport

goals for 2011:

break 19minutes for 5k

break 2:42 for olympic triathlon probably Anthracite olympic

break 3:16 for marathon ( a long shot but it's fun putting yourself out there)

• goBQgo Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 13, 2009
    2. Apr 13, 2009 6:59 PM (in response to CLH17)

hi there - 

renting is definitely a way to go especially if you are just getting into the sport and dont want to fork out a couple hundred for a wetsuit.

i rented from www.wetsuitrental.com   . Very easy and its 40 bucks to rent.  The suit i got was practically brand new and I actually ended up buying it.  They deduct the

rental fee from the cost if you should choose to buy. Or you can just mail it back to them.  I highly reccommend it. 

good luck!

• chris dufour Amateur 7 posts since
    Dec 13, 2008
    3. May 6, 2009 1:52 PM (in response to goBQgo)

Rent until you find a nice fit and style!

logo_lg.gif 
  • askcami Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 8, 2008
    4. May 11, 2009 8:38 AM (in response to CLH17)

Hi!  I just finished my first Tri and my second swim event with a wetsuit.  I rented from www.fit2race.com initially, then from wetsuitrental.com.  I liked my wetsuit from fit2race.com better, and went back to them.  It was a little shorter in the legs, but has a "v" cut up the back of the leg that makes it super easy to get out of after your swim.

It's around $45 to rent for a month, and they charge a hefty deposit.  But if you like the wetsuit, you can keep it for the combined total of the deposit and rental fee.  Otherwise, send it back and they'll credit your deposit.  $45 for a whole month gives you plenty of time to practice in your suit before the actual event.

Good luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points