Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

22910 Views 175 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2009 7:28 AM by gracealone 1 2 3 ... 12 Previous Next
LovingGrandma Rookie 7 posts since
Apr 13, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 13, 2009 12:37 PM

Walkers in North Carolina

I had responded to Darryl Zoller's thread for a non geographical team but there are so many responses.  I saw several from North Carolina so thought maybe we could start our own team?

I don't know what to do ,but figure the purpose of this is just as a daily check-in point to get encouragement?  If anyone in NC is interested and/or knows how to organize this, let me know.

• gracealone Pro 86 posts since
    Apr 13, 2009
    1. Apr 13, 2009 5:53 PM (in response to LovingGrandma)
    Re: Walkers in North Carolina

i would love to join an nc team.  i am just now exploring this challenge so i am not sure what all is involved.  i am just excited about being part of a team.

grace/ann, pamlico county, nc

grace/ann
    Apr 13, 2009
    2. Apr 13, 2009 5:54 PM (in response to gracealone)

i just reread your post ..... we can figure this out together!!!

grace/ann
    Apr 13, 2009
    3. Apr 14, 2009 2:40 PM (in response to gracealone)

well, i have done my first day walking.  it is raining here, so i walked inside.  i was able to do 30 minutes and work up a sweat!  then i did the yoga for beginners and joint friendly stretches (i have added a few stretches to this one).  tomorrow is going to be a challenge as i have to go to the drs. about 2 hours from home.  i will have to maybe stop part way and exercise.  any suggestions?

i guess we need to register our team.  maybe we could be nc walkers?  that is easy to remember and maybe would draw others in.

talk to you soon!

grace/ann

grace/ann
  • lindaofnc Rookie 4 posts since
    Apr 14, 2009
    4. Apr 14, 2009 3:39 PM (in response to LovingGrandma)

Would love to join the N. C. team. I also sent a reply to the non-geographical team but would life this team. I am from Apex, N. C.

• lindaofnc Rookie 4 posts since
    Apr 14, 2009
    5. Apr 14, 2009 3:41 PM (in response to LovingGrandma)

Replied a few minutes ago and saw my typo!!!!..I do know how to spell. I would like to join this team.

Thanks

Apr 13, 2009
    6. Apr 14, 2009 4:27 PM (in response to lindaofnc)

well, i have done a bit more research.  we need to get a team together, THEN start training.  little by little i will get this figured out.  i started to register a team, but you have to had it all together before you register.  so i think we should leave this open for a few days.  then form the team?  does that suit everybody?  i am not sure we can add people later.  seems like that should be possible, but like i said i don't know.

let's set the start date for april 20. so our "meeting" day would be monday.  i also have to register a time, so i figure i would pick a random time (12 noon) and we could check in w/each by posting on that day (everyday if we want to LOL

if no one else wants to coordinate, i will take on that task.  the city will be bayboro, nc.  i will register us as TEAM NC

let me know if anyone wants to change anything.

grace/ann
  • kimsrussell Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 14, 2009
    7. Apr 14, 2009 5:43 PM (in response to gracealone)

I would love to join this team. I live in Durham and the only team here meets at 9am when I'm at work?:| . I'll check back to see what I need to do.

Kim

Apr 13, 2009
    8. Apr 14, 2009 6:34 PM (in response to kimsrussell)

yay!!  we are up to four!!  i figure we can "meet online".  i thought we would register our group next monday.  i guess then we do our exercising, "meet" online on mondays, keep each other accountable, and encourage each other.

there also appears to be a way to set up a website for each team.  after we register our team, i will check out setting up a website.  i found the online place to record exercises.  it is something called active trainer basic.  i get a sad face b/c my stats are not where "they" would like them to be.  i struggle w/fibromyalgia so i guess i am destined to not "measure up", but i WILL NOT quit!!

grace/ann
  • Walkers28 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 15, 2009
    9. Apr 15, 2009 1:09 AM (in response to gracealone)

I am an online user and would love to join the NC Team.  Keep us posted on what we need to do.

• SeaStriders Rookie 4 posts since
    Apr 14, 2009
    10. Apr 15, 2009 1:53 AM (in response to gracealone)

hi ann, paula here from the other thread...and you can count your numbers up to five!  it looks to me as if you can create your team and then add additional members later on.  i'm good with Monday "meetings" and your arbitrary time of noon.  so, do we go to active.com to log our activity?  like you, i think i need to dig around a little more to understand how this will all work!  talk to you all soon!  GO TEAM!!!

paula

• kimsrussell Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 14, 2009
    11. Apr 15, 2009 5:31 AM (in response to gracealone)

I'm with you Grace, I also suffer from fibromyalgia. We can do this! Hope you have a good day.

Kim

• motherofthebride Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 15, 2009
    12. Apr 15, 2009 5:53 AM (in response to LovingGrandma)

I am also in north carolina in the mountains and would like to join this "team".  When are you "walking"?

• GoldstonNC Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 15, 2009
    13. Apr 15, 2009 5:55 AM (in response to gracealone)

I will probably want to join this team as well. I am going to check with some other WW members here in my community in the next couple of hours, and then I'll get back with you.

• blossum321 Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 15, 2009
    14. Apr 15, 2009 6:06 AM (in response to GoldstonNC)

I'm interested in joining.I won't be able to "meet" Mondays at noon, but I will stop in when I can.

I'll keep checking back to find out more about this.

Message was edited by: blossum321

1 2 3 ... 12 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...