Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1989 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2009 6:56 PM by Jennifer 39510 1 2 Previous Next
Dola36 Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 14, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 14, 2009 6:12 AM

Looking to make a team in San Diego, CA

Yes I know the example in the welcome paragraph used San Diego but I'm really in this beautiful city.  I have done much walking in the last few months so I suppose I'm a beginner.  I'm 36, with 3 beautiful children, a 5 year old girl, and 2 yr old boy/girl twins.  I'm currently a SAHM and I'm married to a dashing Marine.

• Lincjb Amateur 19 posts since
    Apr 11, 2009
    1. Apr 14, 2009 6:34 AM (in response to Dola36)
    Re: Looking to make a team in San Diego, CA

Where abouts are you located in the fine city?? I am wanting to make a connection as well.  I live in Santee Area but my meetings are near Murphy Canyon.  I too have a military man in my life and 3 children but they are all teen or older.  I havent signed up for a race because Im still trying to get a firm group formed.  I am excited about doing this... I would say I am a beginner as well as I havent walked in good distance in a few years.  Our duty station in Hawaii I walk alot outside.

Hope to hear back from you. Jackie

• country619 Amateur 11 posts since
    Apr 23, 2009
    2. Apr 23, 2009 4:20 PM (in response to Lincjb)

Hi Jackie,

I live in Santee as well. Have you joined a walking team? I think an East County team would be great.

Tamara

Apr 11, 2009
    3. Apr 23, 2009 5:36 PM (in response to country619)

Tamara,

I had almost given up on this... but glad you contacted me.  Last weekend I was so frustrated with this that I wanted to throw the computer.  DO you walk at any of the parks??? I like the BIG ROCK park next to the school.  There are others parks as well and also the Parkway Plaza mall that you can walk at the mall. 

Jackie

Apr 23, 2009
    4. Apr 24, 2009 10:43 AM (in response to Lincjb)

HI Jackie!

I was talking to someone else on another post and asked her to join this one so we can all walk together. I figured if we were all on the same thread it would be easier to make a plan. Hopefully we'll hear from her soon. Her name is Jennifer I think. I'm willing to check out Big Rock. What about Santee Lakes? Do people walk that?

Tamara

Apr 11, 2009
    5. Apr 24, 2009 10:53 AM (in response to country619)

Tamera,

Here is my email address... subbughi@cox.net .  I know people walk at the lakes... however if you go into the lake area you pay for Parking.  I have seen people park on the surface streets near by but I actually havent tried it.  Its real calm there.  I am open for walking just let me know when... and where...  Big Rock is near base of Cowles Mountain...  Where are you located at???

Jackie

• Jennifer 39510 Amateur 14 posts since
    Apr 14, 2009
    6. Apr 24, 2009 11:22 AM (in response to country619)

Okay, I made my way over here to this thread.  I would be interested in a walk in Santee.  Unfortunately my time tends to be a little tight at times but I haven't heard what times you are all available for.  I live in Lakeside but an very willing to go to Santee (it's right around the corner from me).  Saturdays would be perfect anytime for me.  I get home from work around 5 so I could easily meet up at 5:30 or 6.  Just let me know what you are all thinking as good days and times.  Hope this works out!

Jennifer

Apr 23, 2009
    7. Apr 24, 2009 11:27 AM (in response to Jennifer 39510)

Hi Jennifer and Jackie!

As for times, I am also looking for a little later. 6pm or 6:30pm works for me on most weekdays. Weekends anytime. Is there a trail around Mast Park? I think people walk there but I'm not sure. I haven't lived here that long. Jackie seems to know better.

Jackie, what is your availability?

Tamara

Apr 14, 2009
    8. Apr 24, 2009 11:32 AM (in response to country619)

That is a perfect time frame for me.  I don't know the area that well so I'm willing to say just tell me where and when to show up!  Looking forward to it!

Apr 11, 2009
    9. Apr 24, 2009 11:35 AM (in response to Jennifer 39510)

Maybe the 3 of us could meet say tonight after you get off work at the Starbucks in Santee (parking lot of Target) and just meet and bring calendars figure out when we could all meet and then go from there.  Maybe have an idea of how often you would like to walk... how long... how far... etc... Jackie

Apr 23, 2009
    10. Apr 24, 2009 11:37 AM (in response to Lincjb)

Tonight I have a haircut appointment so i don't know when I'll be home. What about tomorrow noonish?

tamara

Apr 14, 2009
    11. Apr 24, 2009 11:44 AM (in response to country619)

Tomorrow around noon works for me.  I know where that startbucks is.

Apr 11, 2009
    12. Apr 24, 2009 12:09 PM (in response to country619)

If that works for both of you... we could meet at noon on Saturday.  I have WW at 8 but will be back in time.  Hope to see you soon.  Yes there is a big trail at mast that goes all the way to Walmarts behind and farther... its nice walking.  Lots of BUNNIES at Dusk. I have walked at the Parkway Plaza mall in the early mornings and also I just recently found out that the mall is opened as late as the last movie showing... and is safe to walk at.  There are security guards there and probably alot of teens making out on the couches.  I liked walking there when I had a stroller to push and I could easily keep the kids contained... I only walk when the mall is mostly closed so I can go at a comfortable pace. 

A little bit about myself... I am married to a military man.  I have 3 older kids... 25 year old, 18 year old both boys... and daughter 15 1/2.  I am a SAHM who's always on the go.  I am a quilter...  I have lived in Santee for 5 years this July.  I use to do races in Hawaii when we were stationed there.... When we moved here... I developed a major allergy to outside and was very very sick and on all kinds of meds. I gained alot of weight from certain meds.  I am now down on most of my meds and doing very well... In Hawaii I walked in the morning and night... but right now I have a crazy schedule with the kids living at home... one in college and one at WestHills... but I work around them with walking.

Hope this helps. 

Jackie

Apr 23, 2009
    13. Apr 24, 2009 12:21 PM (in response to Lincjb)

Ok so noon tomorrow the 25th it is. Location the Starbucks by Target in Santee.

About me: I am 32 years old. I bought a condo in Santee 8 months ago. I have 3 dogs so walking somewhere I could bring one of them would be cool but it is not necessary. I am not hugely overweight however since the 30's hit I have been gaining and I don't look like i used to. I hate exercise! But I guess that's what I have to do. My energy level sucks, tired all the time, my clothes don't fit, so I need to get out there and do it. I figure if i have people counting on me it might motivate me to actually do it even if I don't feel like it. Looking forward to meeting you both!

Tamara

P.S. What does SAHM mean?

Apr 11, 2009
    14. Apr 24, 2009 12:24 PM (in response to country619)

Stay At Home Mom  Jackie

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...