Skip navigation

4344 Views 21 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2009 6:46 PM by LigiaC RSS 1 2 Previous Next
Jennifer 39510 Amateur 14 posts since
Apr 14, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 14, 2009 6:49 PM

East County San Diego

I am looking for some people to walk in the East County area of San Diego. I am only available after 4:45 (typically around 5) and live in the Lakeside area. Anyone interested?

I'm best available on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and pretty much anytime on Friday.

I've been walking about 2.33 miles 2-3 days a week for about 5 weeks and am up for any level of challenge walks. Anyone?

Oh, if anyone is interested, I'd be glad to head up the team!B-)

• wanderfjv Amateur 14 posts since
    Apr 13, 2009
    1. Apr 20, 2009 7:48 PM (in response to Jennifer 39510)
    Re: East County San Diego

A group of us are walking Lake Murray on Thursday, meeting at 4:45pm.  Do you think you might be able to meet up with us?

--Danielle

• wanderfjv Amateur 14 posts since
    Apr 13, 2009
    3. Apr 20, 2009 8:12 PM (in response to Jennifer 39510)

hope you find a group!

• country619 Amateur 11 posts since
    Apr 23, 2009
    4. Apr 23, 2009 4:10 PM (in response to Jennifer 39510)

Hi,

I live in Santee and would be interested in walking. I'm not sure where though. I haven't been excercising as of yet (a few walks here and there) but I would like to start doing it on a regular basis a few times a week. Let me know if you're interested. It would be nice to start an East County Team if there is not one already.

Tamara

• newgi Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 24, 2009
    6. Apr 24, 2009 10:22 AM (in response to wanderfjv)

Does your group walk every thursday at lake murray? Where do you meet to start the walk?

Apr 23, 2009
    7. Apr 24, 2009 10:39 AM (in response to Jennifer 39510)

Hi!

It seems that there are 2 of us interested. There is another post going called "Looking to make a team in San Diego". Can you do me a favor and respond to that one? Then all 3 of us can talk. I think your name is Jennifer (by your username) and there is another East County lady named Jackie. Maybe all 3 of us can start a group but it would be nice if we were posting on the same thread so we can make a time good for all of us. Look forward to walking with you!

Tamara

• Lincjb Amateur 19 posts since
    Apr 11, 2009
    9. Apr 25, 2009 3:16 PM (in response to Jennifer 39510)

Jennifer,

Okay now I found you... DUH... HOW did I miss that.  It was nice meeting you Jennifer.  Still trying to figure out how to do the team part of putting in which team I am with... and how do I know to check in with my team person.  I did get step 2 to work without putting in a team... make sense??? If you want to walk more days I am okay with that too... I know that my day is busy between 7 and 3... but evenings work well for me.  I am so excited to finally be around other adults to do something with.  It was fun seeing Tamera as well she loves to talk and was fun listening to her. 

Jackie

Apr 11, 2009
    11. Apr 25, 2009 3:57 PM (in response to Jennifer 39510)

I exercise daily... I have a treadmill, a step, a bike, and a wii in the house. I have a morning routine and an evening routine... but just really want to be around others...  My leader in the meetings keep saying once you have a team formed you still have to go in a register individually... I havent figured out how to do that... but I did do the training thing and got the calendar and training thing on STEP 2.  I have a race I am interested in... thinking of doing the Bridge Run... but they have a walking part.... its on May 17... and is my sister's bday.  You said your meetings are in San Marcos area... my leader is from that area... marilynn... just a thought. 

Just so excited to possible get going and challenge myself. 

Jackie

Apr 11, 2009
    13. Apr 25, 2009 8:05 PM (in response to country619)

Hey Tamera,

Was nice learning all about you and how full of energy and excited you are with your pets and life itself.  It was fun listening to you.  I am excited to walk with you and Jennifer... I do exercise alot... in fact I exercised the morning before going to WW.  If the two of you want I can look for other places to walk so that we can have variety if you want.... in the Santee Area.  My busy part of the day is between 7 and 3 most days... so I can walk whenever.  My husband is on board with me getting what I need.  I meantioned to Jennifer we should take a before and after pics to see how far we have changed.  You will be surprised at what changes you can see.  On your arms... if you were to wear 1 or 2lb weighs while you walk on your arms you would see a definate toning start to happen.  Your other issue... I would say doing the exercise called starting the lawn mower is a good one to work on that. My husband has the same struggle and that exercise works well for him.   Cant wait to see you again.  Jackie

Apr 23, 2009
    14. Apr 27, 2009 12:26 PM (in response to Lincjb)

Hello Ladies,

My computer at home decided to stop working so I couldn't write til I got to work. I did take the dogs for a walk yesterday and I am looking forward to today. I will see you guys at 6pm at the Walmart. My boyfriend is very supportive of me so I may walk with him sometimes. Jackie if you want to look for other places to walk, that would be cool. See you guys soon!

Tamara

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...