Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

2516 Views 24 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2009 8:57 PM by BethAnnThornhill 1 2 Previous Next
BethAnnThornhill Amateur 12 posts since
Apr 15, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 15, 2009 11:40 AM

Starting a team in Palm Springs area! :)

I have always wanted to participate in a 5K...however, I am not a runner.

I see no teams started in my area (Palm Springs, Cathedral CIty, Pam Desert, Rancho Mirage, etc) and want to start one! I am jazzed and excited and ready to learn how to do this!

I go to the Thursday WW classes at 6:00pm, and will bring it up to them when I see them tomorrow!

This is open up to any WW person, as well as anyone who would like to get more exercise. Since there are no 5K's in our area, we can create our own, and reap the benefits of all the exercise and fresh air!

Any comments, helpful suggestions, etc are welcome!

Beth Ann (from Cat City)

bthornhill@dc.rr.com

Beth Ann

Bthornhill@dc.rr.com

My goal is ... walking in this race!

• obsidian88 Amateur 7 posts since
    Apr 15, 2009
    1. Apr 15, 2009 3:44 PM (in response to BethAnnThornhill)
    Re: Starting a team in Palm Springs area! :)

Hi BethAnn!

I live in Palm Springs and am also not a runner   I would be interested in being on your team.  I do WW online... and pretty much my walking consists of my treadmill and my iPod.. so walking with others I think would be fun!

Susan

sberingerrn@yahoo.com

• nikrkink Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 15, 2009
    2. Apr 15, 2009 4:37 PM (in response to BethAnnThornhill)

Hi BethAnn,

I would love to start walking with you...I have to get my knee all better........Let me get this all figured out so I can work our weight watchers to the fullest!!!!!!!

Love you,

Nikki

Apr 15, 2009
    4. Apr 16, 2009 11:12 PM (in response to BethAnnThornhill)

Have we figured out how to sign up on your team through WW?  I could sign up for the 5k in Idyllwild now.. if it will help me to get put on your team.. then pretty much I guess I'd be locked into going to the 5k :P .. eeep!:0

• wardsbs Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 17, 2009
    5. Apr 17, 2009 5:43 PM (in response to BethAnnThornhill)

Count me in!  I can't run in the June 6 race because I have ELPD (English Language Program Development) training that day!  But I can still train for a 5 K.  I'd like to start out walking and work up to a slow jog.  Nothing too difficult.  Add me to the team! 

Stacey Ward

Apr 15, 2009
    8. Apr 20, 2009 11:02 AM (in response to BethAnnThornhill)

OK... will sign up for 5k in Idyllwild.  I have your cell number.  Mine is 220-3882     I can start on Wednesday at 3:30 pm at PSHS.  Those times and days work for me. so yay! 

Hope your mouth is feeling better...

Susan

• wardsbs Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 17, 2009
    10. Apr 20, 2009 7:24 PM (in response to BethAnnThornhill)

I can start walking at PSHS next week--this week I'm pretty tied up.  But I'd love to start next Monday.  4:00....wheew!  it MIGHT be HOT!!!!  I'll be late to this Thursday's meeting because I tutor for The Tribe on Tues and Thursdays from 4-6.  I'll be there, though. 

Stacey

• GrannaB Rookie 6 posts since
    Apr 13, 2009
    12. Apr 21, 2009 11:33 AM (in response to BethAnnThornhill)

Hi Beth Ann -

Saw your post.. Have you got your 5K plans set?  I am just getting ours set here in Palm Springs... Walk of the Stars.. which is going to be a walk on May 31st along the path of interesting old celebrity homes...

I attend Jeff Bell's Sat 7:30AM meeting here in PS and have quite a list of members that are interested in joining in.  Let me know what your plans turn out to be.. and if you decide to join in with us on May 31st as well, that would be awesome...  You can share my info to anyone wanting to be a part of ours as well.

Thanks, and Good Luck...

Judy Block

Judy@TooMuchGirls.com

5K Walk of the Stars
    May 31, 2009 - 7:15AM
    Palm Springs, CA
    Come join Us...

Judy Block
    Palm Springs California
    Too Much Girls

Apr 15, 2009
    13. Apr 21, 2009 7:54 PM (in response to BethAnnThornhill)

Yeah I was thinking it might just be 900 billion degrees as well. Soooo I have another suggestion... what about walking in the Palm Springs Mall? I'm not sure of the measurements of the mall.. but more than likely its not busy... and we have less a chance of getting skin cancer, dehydration, and heat stroke :P

I will call you tomorrow BethAnn because... I signed up to be a Big Sister and I'm supposed to meet my potential Little Sister ... sometime soon.. The woman from the organization first said she'd try to set up a meeting this last Monday.. which is why I couldnt walk on Monday... then she said she couldnt do Wednesday.. but now apparently she can.. but we dont know if the kid's mom is able to bring her to the appt. Ugh! I hate it when plans keep getting changed.. anywhooo.

Let me know what you think about walking in the mall... or if you can walk later .. like after the baseball game.. lemme know. I dont work tomorrow night.. I work Thursday and Friday.

Susan

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points