Skip navigation

6323 Views 47 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2009 5:14 PM by chrissypoo1 RSS 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
Stacie33908 Amateur 9 posts since
Apr 16, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 17, 2009 5:24 AM

Looking for walkers in Jackson, MI

Hi there

We just learned more about the Walk-It Challenge last night at my meeting.  I'm wondering if anyone else in the Jackson, MI area is interested in forming a walking team?

Let me know!

Stacie Green

• MeeBunny05 Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 17, 2009
    1. Apr 17, 2009 5:28 PM (in response to Stacie33908)
    Re: Looking for walkers in Jackson, MI

Hi! I just learned about the challenge at my meeting today. I would be very interested in joining a walking group.

Thanks!

Liz Howard

• ljaywood Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 18, 2009
    2. Apr 18, 2009 9:53 AM (in response to Stacie33908)

Hi Stacie,

I would be interested in forming a walking team in Jackson, MI.  I just started with WW today.  Let me know if you are still interested.

Thank you,

Lori

• chrissypoo1 Amateur 18 posts since
    Apr 25, 2009
    3. Apr 25, 2009 12:20 PM (in response to ljaywood)

Hi Stacie,

I would be interested in joining a walking team. I work out of town so later in the evening, say 6pm and Saturdays are good too.

Chris Carothers

Apr 25, 2009
    5. Apr 26, 2009 5:56 AM (in response to Stacie33908)

I hope you're feeling better! The Rose walk seems like a good goal, let us know when you are ready to get started. I work in Marshall I know that drive!

• MeeBunny05 Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 17, 2009
    6. Apr 26, 2009 6:37 AM (in response to Stacie33908)

I will also be walking with two ladies from my meeting. We will be starting Monday. But, the more walking I can get in the better. I think the Rose Run is a good goal. I will also be walking in Ele's Race which benefits Ele's Place.

• Amy44376 Amateur 8 posts since
    Apr 16, 2009
    7. May 1, 2009 8:15 AM (in response to Stacie33908)

I've been trying to walk at night at Ella Sharp.  I haven't registered for a race, yet, but I heard there was a way to on this site.  Can we just show up to do the Rose Run/Walk?  I certainly won't be running.

• Amy44376 Amateur 8 posts since
    Apr 16, 2009
    9. May 1, 2009 9:35 AM (in response to Stacie33908)

I already looked it up and printed off the form to register.  It is $20 a person.  I don't know if you can register through the Active website or not.  At my meeting last night, they were talking about ways to register through this website, but I didn't find it.  The website is www.roserun.net.

I'm kind of confused though.  I'm walking 30 minutes almost every night.  I know that for the challenge we are supposed to be walking 15-20 minutes, but I'm walking to lose weight, too.  But how is walking 15, 20, or 30 minutes supposed to get us in gear to walk a 5K in a month.

Oh well, I just feel good that I'm getting some exercise.  It is better than not getting exercise.

Apr 25, 2009
    10. May 2, 2009 3:25 PM (in response to Amy44376)

I tried the Active site to register and couldn't open it up all the way so all I could see was the run/walk in Spring Arbor in July. I did find the site to register for the June Rose walk at JCC. Do you girls want to get together to walk a couple of times a week? Say Wed. evenings and Sat mornings? I've been walking Sat mornings at the Cascades and that's a nice walking trail. It's 1.3 miles for one lap. If we did that we could get ready for the 5K and have some walking buddies for the actual event. What do you think?

• cher430 Amateur 10 posts since
    May 8, 2009
    11. May 8, 2009 7:25 AM (in response to chrissypoo1)

Hi my name is Cheryl and I just signed onto the walk it challenge. I would be interested in joining in your walking group if you all are still doing it. I live here in Jackson and joined ww a few weeks ago. Can you let me know if you would mind another walker on your weekly walks.  Thank You

Apr 25, 2009
    12. May 8, 2009 4:22 PM (in response to cher430)

Hi Cheryl,

We really haven't started walking together yet, but I would love to have a walking buddy. I can't go tomorrow as I am already booked in the morning but if you would like to start Wed evening that would be great! Let me know how you feel about that day and what time would work well for you. I work in Marshall and get into town shortly before 6 PM so I could join you there around 6. If any of the other girls would like to join us that would be awesome!

• cher430 Amateur 10 posts since
    May 8, 2009
    14. May 11, 2009 1:10 PM (in response to chrissypoo1)

Hi Chris,

Wed would be fine with me. I'll need to know details on where to meet , I've only been near Cascades Park a couple of times. I've only lived in Jackson a couple of years and honestly haven't explored it much. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, very busy weekend. Are you a Weight Watchers member? Just wondering if that's how you happened to sign onto the Active websight. That's how I did through the Weight Watchers walk it challenge.            

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...