Skip navigation

2865 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 10, 2007 10:21 AM by MyTwoSons RSS
shorellb Amateur 10 posts since
May 30, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 10, 2007 10:20 AM

Glove size for outfielder with one year left in little league

Hi:

My son plays outfield for his little league majors and travel team and has worn through his current 11.5 inch glove. I want to get him a decent outfielder glove but I am having trouble finding one that meets little league's 12 inch limit on glove size. His hand is between an adult small and medium already. I ordered him an 11.75 inch glove with an an outfield style web but now I am wondering if I should have ignored little league's rule and gone with and regular 12.75 inch outfielder glove. I really don't want to encourage him to ignore the rules but I also don't want to be buying another good glove in only one year.

Any opinions?

Thanks,

Joseph

• MyTwoSons Community Moderator 224 posts since
    May 30, 2007

See if you can repair the 11.5 glove for Little League or get a used one.  Get him the 12.75 glove for travel ball and beyond. My son used a 11.25 SSK Nomar because he is a middle infielder, but also used it in the outfield when he was playing U12 and U14. He is a very good shortstop, but a spectacular outfielder. He now plays high school and still uses a 11.25 for shortstop, a Wilson A2K to be precise. He borrows a teammates glove if he plays in the outfield.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points