Skip navigation

3138 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 10, 2007 10:21 AM by MyTwoSons
shorellb Amateur 10 posts since
May 30, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 10, 2007 10:20 AM

Glove size for outfielder with one year left in little league

My son plays outfield for his little league majors and travel team and has worn through his current 11.5 inch glove. I want to get him a decent outfielder glove but I am having trouble finding one that meets little league's 12 inch limit on glove size. His hand is between an adult small and medium already. I ordered him an 11.75 inch glove with an an outfield style web but now I am wondering if I should have ignored little league's rule and gone with and regular 12.75 inch outfielder glove. I really don't want to encourage him to ignore the rules but I also don't want to be buying another good glove in only one year.

Any opinions?

• MyTwoSons Community Moderator 214 posts since
    May 30, 2007

See if you can repair the 11.5 glove for Little League or get a used one.  Get him the 12.75 glove for travel ball and beyond. My son used a 11.25 SSK Nomar because he is a middle infielder, but also used it in the outfield when he was playing U12 and U14. He is a very good shortstop, but a spectacular outfielder. He now plays high school and still uses a 11.25 for shortstop, a Wilson A2K to be precise. He borrows a teammates glove if he plays in the outfield.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points