Skip navigation

1999 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2009 11:41 AM by MKOOI RSS
gzee Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 20, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

May 30, 2009 12:59 PM

GR walking team

Hey, I know I put a message out there that I was looking for walking partners but I wasn't really thinking about it---I start summer break next week and won't be around much.  Sorry about starting something I can't finish!  Sounds like some other good opportunities are out there.

• ginaingr Rookie 7 posts since
    Apr 13, 2009
    1. Apr 27, 2009 10:31 AM (in response to gzee)
    Re: GR walking team

Were are you wanting to walk? I live NE too and I'm looking for a walking partner, though I'm really out of shape

• MKOOI Rookie 4 posts since
    May 13, 2009
    2. May 13, 2009 10:58 AM (in response to gzee)

Good afternoon, I live on the NE side and would love to be a part of your walking team.  Let me know when and where you want to walk.

• Renelly Rookie 3 posts since
    May 19, 2009
    3. May 19, 2009 3:08 AM (in response to gzee)

I'm willing to drive a bit to walk regualarly---where are you thinking of walking?  (I live in Kentwood, but work often on Plainfield)

May 13, 2009
    4. May 19, 2009 6:13 PM (in response to Renelly)

I like to walk on the different paths.  One of them being Reeds Lake.  I also have walked on the path that goes to Rockford.  A starting point is off of Jupitor.

MKooi

May 19, 2009
    5. May 20, 2009 2:44 AM (in response to MKOOI)

The White Pine?  Have you ever started that at Riverside Park?  We ride our bikes from Riverside to Rockford and back about once a week all spring and summer.  (Twice this year so far, and my butt still hurts!!  LOL)

I'd be up for anything, but my schedule is all over the map, and I have a 6 year old I'd have to "unload" most of the time, in order to just WALK, and not stop to examine EVERYTHING she sees, every flower, every dog, etc...LOL  What schedule are you working with?

May 19, 2009
    6. May 20, 2009 2:46 AM (in response to Renelly)

Oh, and did you know that a WW walking group, "Sole Food",   meets every Friday at EGR Middle School, and walks?  Everyone walks depending on level of fitness--some do the track at the HS, some do Reed's Lake, etc...they meet at 6:30, and all are welcome!!

May 13, 2009
    7. May 22, 2009 11:41 AM (in response to Renelly)

My schedule has been pretty hectic.  I would really enjoy meeting at the track at EGR but I wouldn't be able to start until after June 6th.  I have a graduate and I am involved with the boy's crew team for school.  We have one last regatta and that is next week Friday - Sunday in Canada - we actually will be leaving on Thursday afternoon.  Then the following week, we have an open house for my son.  So, as soon as this busyness clears up, I will be able to go walking or biking at any time.  The path that I was thinking of it is the White Pine Trail.  That is just so beautiful!  I am looking forward to being active this summer!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points