Skip navigation

3742 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2009 10:08 AM by Cherri94579 RSS 1 2 Previous Next
auntjoyce Rookie 6 posts since
Apr 21, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 21, 2009 10:32 AM

Wanna walk in Frederick, MD. ?

Hi,

I would like to start a walking team in Frederick, MD.  I have been attending W W for about 1 1/2 years now and my biggest downfall is not moving.

Is anyone interested and dedicated in walking here in Frederick, MD ?

• toto2 Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 20, 2009
    2. Apr 22, 2009 8:34 AM (in response to auntjoyce)
    Re: Wanna walk in Frederick, MD. ?

My friend & I just formed our own little walking team and live beside Baker Park.  We too, go to WW (usually on Thursday evenings)  The more the merrier.  What days do you have available?

Apr 20, 2009
    4. Apr 23, 2009 1:27 PM (in response to auntjoyce)

Hi Aunt Joyce,

I'm leaving for a camping trip tomorrow and will be gone for the weekend.  However, my walking buddy, Cherri may be able to hook up with you Sat or Sun.  She will be in Washington DC until about 8 pm Friday evening.  I've told her to check out the Community "thread" to let you know when she might be available.   Have a great weekend and look forward to meeting you. 

Apr 20, 2009
    6. Apr 24, 2009 8:18 AM (in response to auntjoyce)

See you on Monday then.  You may not hear from Cherri until later this evening or tomorrow.  She's been at a conference in DC yesterday & today and won't be home until after 8 tonight.

• Mary Ellen70090 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 19, 2009
    7. Apr 25, 2009 10:37 AM (in response to auntjoyce)

Hi Aunt Joyce.

I would like to join you.  A friend and I walk almost every Sunday morning somewhere. We love to walk in Baker Park.  I can also walk Tuesday and Thursday evenings.

Mary Ellen 70090  

• Cherri94579 Rookie 5 posts since
    Apr 18, 2009
    8. Apr 28, 2009 12:54 PM (in response to Mary Ellen70090)

Hi Aunt Joyce and Mary Ellen,

Tina (Toto2) and I are trying to get our busy lives organized so we can get on a more regular walking plan.  This is a last minute attempt, but I plan to walk in Baker Park this evening (April 28).  I will be at the Band Shell around 7:30 with my walking shoes on and a 70 pound hound dog 'puppy'.  I hope you are able to join me.

Cherri

Apr 18, 2009
    10. Apr 29, 2009 6:33 PM (in response to auntjoyce)

Well, unfortunately, this Friday evening isn't going to work for me.  Saturday is catch up day from all the household chores that get pushed aside during the week.  On Sunday, I am committed to a Boy Scout function at 2:00, but should be free for most of the late afternoon/early evening hours.  Would that work for you?

The good news is that Tina and I did walk 2 miles yesterday evening!  Wahoo!

Cherri

• kvega92 Rookie 4 posts since
    Apr 30, 2009
    11. Apr 30, 2009 8:20 PM (in response to Cherri94579)

Hello Everyone!

My name is Krista and I think that your walking group sounds wonderful.  I live in Ballenger Ceek and I would love to catch up with you sometime.  I walk in Baker and Ballenger Creek park.  I am at Baker park every sunday.  I organized a Boot Camp that I do there on Sundays.  My friend is getting married and we are doing a body boot camp.  I love it I have been doing it for about a month now.  The trainer who does it is fantastic and reasonably priced.  I could walk before bootcamp?

Is anyone doing the 5k on Saturday night?

My regular email is kvega92@yahoo.com if you want to try to set up a day to walk. 

Apr 18, 2009
    12. May 1, 2009 4:20 AM (in response to kvega92)

Welcome Krista,

I am free around 4:00 or later on Sunday.  Why don't you chose a time convenient for you and we can meet at the bandshell in Baker Park?  We should probably make a back up plan in case of rain, too.  Hopefully, we can pull our little group together for a first meeting.

Have a good Friday!

Cherri

Apr 18, 2009
    14. May 2, 2009 12:09 PM (in response to kvega92)

Hello Ladies,

With the erratic weather and busy schedules, we are having a difficult time connecting to walk together.  Tina and I have planned a walk tomorrow May 3rd at 4 pm.  We will meet in Baker Park at the Bandshell and invite everyone to join us.

Hope to see you on Sunday!

Cherri

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points