Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1704 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2009 11:22 PM by Optimal Nutrition Inc.
FormerFatGirl Rookie 3 posts since
Apr 23, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 23, 2009 2:09 PM

How does my diet look?

Hi everyone!  I wanted to throw my daily meal plan out there and see what you thought about it ... I'm currently 5'4", 176 lbs (have already lost 85 lbs via clean eating) and 33% bodyfat (down from 51%!).  I work out with a personal trainer 5x week and have just started training for my first sprint tri.  I eat my first meal within an hour of waking, and keep my meals 3 hrs apart.  Any comments, suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Meal 1:

Scrambled egg omelette (1 egg, 40g spinach, 30g mushrooms)

Meal 2:

Tuna and crackers (100g tuna, 5 saltines)

Meal 3:

Turkey sandwich (2 slices Ezekiel bread, 60g turkey breast, green leaf lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, 1 tsp honey mustard)

Meal 4:

1/2 c. low-fat cottage cheese, 1 c. sliced fresh strawberries, 1 serving whey protein powder

Meal 5:

Chicken salad (90g chicken, green leaf lettuce, grape tomatoes, celery, craisins)

After-Workout:

1 c. ff milk and 1 serving Physique

Breakdown of the entire day is 1,301 calories, 138.1g carbs, 23.9g fat, and 124.9g protein (or 43% carbs, 40% protein, 17% fat).  I don't drink soda or alcohol, only water (except for my milk in my Physique shake).

THANKS!

"And let us not get tired of doing what is right, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't get discouraged and give up." Galatians 6:9

Visit my blog Half of Me or follow me on Twitter

• Dordax Expert 48 posts since
    Jul 29, 2009
    1. Aug 25, 2009 5:38 PM (in response to FormerFatGirl)
    Re: How does my diet look?

Thank you for reminding me of that verse. I have a long way to go as far as losing weight. I can't afford to get discouraged.

Started C25K July 26, 2009 and Completed

My Blog: http://community.active.com/blogs/dordax

• Optimal Nutrition Inc. Amateur 30 posts since
    Jul 7, 2008
    2. Aug 31, 2009 11:22 PM (in response to FormerFatGirl)
    Re: How does my diet look?

Congrats on the weight loss and body composition change thus far! 

I am personally (and we are as a company) a fan of "clean eating" but I do have a few questions. 1) What time do you workout?  2) What's the nutrient breakdown of physique?

My only concern is that you may need some more fat and/or carbohydrate to fuel your body when training for your triathlon.  I typically do not recommend less than 1g per pound of carbohydrate or less than 20% total kcal from fat.  Keep up the positive attitude and all-around great work!  Let me know how I can help.

Justin

Justin Robinson, MA,RD,CSSD,CSCS
    Consultant - Optimal Nutrition
    www.optimalnutritioninc.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...