Apr 26, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 26, 2009 3:28 PM

Walking group

looking for a walking group in San Jose California any time after 5:00 pm

• sunilv5 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 26, 2009
    1. Apr 26, 2009 6:01 PM (in response to Figgs)
    Re: Walking group

In San Jose also - after 5pm can work for me as long as we are flexible. Campbell Community Cnter would that work?

• SueMom Rookie 5 posts since
    May 14, 2009
    2. May 14, 2009 8:56 PM (in response to sunilv5)

I also live in San Jose, looking for someone to walk with. The Los Gatos Creek Trail that starts at Cambell Park is nice. I get off work at 2:30. How many days a week and for how long do you want to walk. This is so great.

• det39hpy Amateur 8 posts since
    May 15, 2009
    3. May 15, 2009 10:40 PM (in response to Figgs)

I am also looking for someone to walk with.   I live by Westgate/Quito Road,/YMCA  and walk at least 5K.   Trying to train for a 5K.    Dee Timmons

May 15, 2009
    4. May 18, 2009 12:41 PM (in response to SueMom)

Hi Sue, are you still looking for someone to walk with?   I want to walk as many days a week as I can.    I am not working right now, so anytime is good for me.   The Los Gatos Creek Trail sounds good.    I have heard about it, but have never been on it.   I walk for about an hour now.   The route I take by my house is about 3 miles.   I want to do a 5K walk soon.   We can see if anyone else who responded wants to walk the Los Gatos Creek Trail as well.   Let me know what you think.

Dee

May 14, 2009
    5. May 18, 2009 5:51 PM (in response to det39hpy)

Hi Dee,

I would like to walk on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and either Saturday or Sunday. I work out at a gym but I can change things around to be able to walk. I can get to the Los Gatos Cr. trail by 3:00-3:30 on tuesdays and thursdays. I also like to walk in the evening when it has cooled down. Then I usually walk in my neighborhood. Let me know what you would like to do. It would be nice to walk at least one to two times a week. On Monday and Wednesday's I work out with my trainer. I have lost 70 pounds since June 08. Now I need to firm up.  When I walk I usually walk 4 miles in an hour. But that is because I walk by myself and have my ipod on and I walk really fast. Let me know what you are up for. This sounds great!!!   Sue

• LuvnDnewME Amateur 16 posts since
    Apr 17, 2009
    6. May 19, 2009 10:10 AM (in response to SueMom)

Sue -

Have you found a walking group? There are a few of us who walk Sat mornings at 7:30 am. This way it is out of our way & we have the rest of the day to do whatever! Its really great. We will be meeting at Silver Creek Valley Rd & 101 there is a parking lot and the trail leads to Hellyer park if you walk to the right, not sure where it leads if you walk to the left which is south. Hope you can join us!

Jaci

May 15, 2009
    7. May 19, 2009 11:06 AM (in response to SueMom)

Hi Sue:   70 pounds, wow great!    I have lost 51 lbs. and I have at least 20 more to go.   If you can find a way to firm up, let me know.   I hate all the loose skin.   Do you live close to me?   Quito Road, YMCA, Westgate, by Westmont High School.    My schedule is flexible since I am not working right now.   I can walk most any day at any time.   I do have some appointments during the week, but I can work around those.   I can meet you at Los Gatos Creek Trail Tuesdays and Thursdays around 3:30 p.m. and if you live close enough we can walk in the evenings.   I suspect as we get closer to summer it is going to be very hot around 3:30 p.m. on some days.   I am glad you walk 4 miles in an hour.   This will give me a new goal.   I am going to sign up to do the 5K Walk for Lupus, which is on June 7th.   It is at West Valley College Campus in Saratoga.   I figure this will be a good first walk for me.   I don't care about how long it takes me to do it; I just want to do it.   Let me know how close you live and what days you want to walk.    This will be fun!

Dee

May 14, 2009
    8. May 19, 2009 10:05 PM (in response to det39hpy)

Hi Dee, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:30 sounds great. I live in Willow Glen. I live close to Hamilton and Meridian. I was also thinking of walking the 5K for Lupus. I haven't signed up yet. Maybe we can walk it together? What about on the weekends, are you willing to walk? Maybe we can get together this Thursday. Let me know. Oh, I forgot, I am doing great with all the loose skin, I got myself a personal trainer last June when I started to lose weight. Now that I reached my goal we are working on toning. It's going to be a long process but I can see alittle progress in the loose skin. My trainer is great I see him 2 days a week. Hopefully tomorrow I will get my lifetime membership from Weight Watchers!!!! I'm so excited. It's been 6 weeks since I made my goal.

Sue

May 15, 2009
    9. May 19, 2009 10:27 PM (in response to SueMom)

Hi Sue, this Thursday will be fine.   I am looking forward to it.   I also do like to walk on the weekends.   But this weekend we will be gone for the long Holiday.    I will be back Monday.   Other than that, I am usually home most weekends.   Yes, if you decide to do the Lupus walk, we can certainly walk together.   It will be my first 5K walk, so I will be a newby.   That is so great that you have made your goal.   It is a great accomplishment.   I think WW is a great program and I know I will reach my goal with the program and exercise.   I am a member of the Y and I probably should look into a trainer there.    I know they have them.   I feel some hope since you have had some success.    Maybe a trainer is a good thing.   You'll have to tell me about the work out.    Let me know if we are on for Thursday at 3:30 p.m.   I just hope I can keep up with you!  Enjoy tomorrow getting your lifetime membership.   You should be proud of yourself!    Take care.

Dee

May 14, 2009
    10. May 20, 2009 9:30 PM (in response to det39hpy)

Hi Dee,

So tomorrow is on!! So what do you look like so I can spot you? I am 5'4" tall. I have short hair and kind of spikey. I'm not sure what I will be wearing but probably a pair of capri black pants and a grey short sleeve top. We can meet at the bathrooms right at the park entrance on Campbell Ave. at 3:30. Let me know if this is OK.

Sue

May 15, 2009
    11. May 20, 2009 10:31 PM (in response to SueMom)

Hi Sue:   I am 5"4", still sort of chubby, long brown hair and will have on jeans and a top.   I have never been to the Campbell park, so I will have to look for the bathrooms.   Where is the parking?   On Campbell Avenue?   I will be there at 3:30 p.m.   I am looking forward to it! 

Dee

May 14, 2009
    12. May 20, 2009 10:42 PM (in response to det39hpy)

Hi Dee, right at the park is a light you can turn down that street that is on the side of the park. As you drive down you can park inside of the Campbell park, they have a little parking lot. If that is full across the street  from the park is some business' and there is a bigger parking lot. The bathrooms are next to the parking lot inside the park. I hope you can find it. I'll see you then.

Sue

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...