Skip navigation

1926 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2007 6:58 AM by T3charlie RSS
T3charlie Community Moderator 79 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 6, 2007 6:58 AM

xTerra

Well... I tried my first xTerra off-road triathlon yesterday. It was the most difficult race course I've ever seen - Panther Creek in Tennessee is no joke! I exited the water in 13:05 (1/2 mile - slow for me, but I was relaxed and rested in T1) and hit the trail full of confidence and excitement. I proceeded to Bonk - hard - within about 5 miles. I come from a hilly area of western North Carolina with lots of technical trails, so I should have been ready. Apparently, I wasn't. I Endo'd twice (once a sweet double - I went over the bike, then the bike went over me) and had an argument with a tree once. It took me just over 2:20 to ride 15 miles. I was hurtin', to say the least. The run was pleasant and gorgeous. The trails they used are apparently used for college x-country racing and were well groomed and flowing. It took me about 50 minutes to run 4.5 miles, but I'm pretty darn happy with that (I did stop to talk to all the folks who helped at the two water stops - thanks, guys!). To know that a "normal" sprint triathlon of a 1/2 mile swim, 15 mile cycle, and 4.5 mile run would only take me about 1:30 - 1:40 and that this beast of a race took me 3:25:15 is humbling and makes me want another. Wonder if I can make Tahoe? Hmmmm....:p Xraytriguy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...