Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1180 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2009 8:04 PM by Greyhound06
Greyhound06 Rookie 7 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 28, 2009 8:04 PM

Injury prone marathon runner looking for a training program for Chicago 2009.

I'm getting reading to start training for the Chicago marathon. Injuries after two previous marathons, left me running inconsistently through the recovery periods. I am just getting "back in the grove," but soon will have to add on serious mileage.

I'm looking for any advice/tips regarding training programs for someone like myself who is experienced, but wants to avoid injuries post-Big Day run. I recently read an article about training programs in which the most miles run is 16. Is such a program the fit for me? Where/what specifics should I be looking for?

I just had a refit for sneakers that should help. Also, I've been concentrating on strength training core muscles and the hamstrings.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points