Skip navigation

2084 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2009 6:47 AM by jmunns RSS
Joseph Smillie Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 18, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

May 27, 2009 12:55 PM

Goggle retention

hi all,

My greatest fear is losing my goggles or having them leak when starting a race. I tighten them as much as possible and keep my arms over my head on entry but from time to time...it happens. Any solutions ?

• leighreddish Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 15, 2008
    1. May 27, 2009 11:21 PM (in response to Joseph Smillie)
    Re: Goggle retention

That happened to me last week at the encinitas tri, I dove in and PooF! there goes my googles...It sucked and I got the biggest neck cramp by the end of the swim plus I was beyond slow...not a good day, but a lovely race, well organized.

• jmunns Rookie 2 posts since
    May 30, 2008
    2. May 28, 2009 6:47 AM (in response to Joseph Smillie)
    Re: Goggle retention

A couple suggestions

1) make sure they fit properly when you buy them. If you buy them from a swim specific store they should have multiple sizes, shapes, models and brands to try on. The goggle should have good suction when pressed to your face without the strap on your head. avoid "foam" lined goggles. I like the gasket style. Dont expect the goggle to perform well if you purchase it sealed.

2)Good straps and a ware a cap OVER the straps.

3) Know what works for you. My kids swim alot (2 seasons each year) They won't use anything except a particular model. Only in different colors.

http://www.swimoutlet.com/Swim_Goggles_s/319.htm

4) I used to get frustrated with my goggles fogging up. I finally broke down and spend $5 on no fog drops- well worth it, I dont leave for the pool without it  (or my suit)

5) Now that you have the "perfect pair" dont loose them    (another problem my kids have)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points