Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

37994 Views 374 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2009 1:15 AM by DiscoBandit RSS Go to original post 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25 Previous Next
  • kitapope Amateur 11 posts since
    Jun 2, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    105. Jun 10, 2009 12:06 PM (in response to jodigirl928)
    Re: C25K, starting tomorrow.

HI Betsy, Jen, Christie, Kris and everyone else! My name is Nakita, 32, single (and ready to mingle  ) and living in Atlanta, GA.  

I completed W2D2 today and it was MUCH easier than W2D1. I think its because I worked out Friday -Monday with no days off. So today was much easier with the day in between. I am still not walking and running  all that fast but my main goal is to complete the workouts. Also added some weights today so overall it was a good workout. I'm going on vacation next week, but I have decided to keep up with the training and get the workouts in no matter what. I am mainly doing this to meet a personal goal, because I'm defintiely not a runner and until now its seemed like an unattainable goal (whoever said that in one of the previous posts, I DEFINITELY feel you on that one). Weight loss is also a goal. I have roughly 40-50 lbs to los, but I'm more concerned about how I look and feel than what the scale says.

Anyway,  thanks for the support so far. We can do it! 

• ahnniewantstorun Amateur 23 posts since
    May 31, 2009
    106. Jun 10, 2009 1:04 PM (in response to Fresian)

Kris said:

For those of us trying to lose weight, I'd like to share a bit of advice my nutritionist gave me that I use religiously...."Don't drink your calories." I have my coffee in the morning and then its water all day for me. As soon as I stopped drinking my calories (Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, energy drinks, juice, etc), I dropped almost 300 calories a day off my total.

I would like to add something to this that i have noticed - and for me it has been dramatic: there is a huge - HUGE - difference for me in food cravings when I have diet soda or diet iced tea or whatever with the funky sugars in them, Aspartame or Splenda or whatever, vs. when I don't. When I have those things I walk around craving other sweet or starchy stuff; when i don't have them, NO cravings. I just thought I would share that as having figured that out has made things a LOT easier for me - like easier to eat healthier and not want junk... hope it can help someone else...

Ann

• eje66 Rookie 7 posts since
    Jun 2, 2009
    107. Jun 10, 2009 1:21 PM (in response to ahnniewantstorun)

W2D1 down. Phew -- it was kind of hard. I lost steam (was going uphill) on the last 90 sec. run and had to cut it short by a few seconds. But yes -- like you said -- yes, we can!

• HDBaglady Pro 66 posts since
    Jun 5, 2009
    108. Jun 10, 2009 5:48 PM (in response to jodigirl928)

WTG ya'll!!! I did a 4 mile walk and a killer strength class today and I am pooped!

On the weight loss front I haven't had a soda in forever, yuk and I quit all artificial sweetners  a month ago and I also quit putting anything in my mouth that has High Fructose Corn Syrup! I read Jillian Michaels book "Mastering your metabolism" and what an eye opener! Now I can't afford to eat everything organic but I do try really really hard to stick to fresh, or if it grows from the ground or has a mother then its ok. Zero processed **** and I feel fantastic. Since I started these changes I have been able to boost my workouts from 300 minutes per week to 450. That **** was holding me back.

I expect to be sore tomorrow cause I really pushed it today but I am going to push through the W1D2 tomorrow anyway, no matter what. Now that is probably all I will do tomorrow and that is ok cause since Monday I have 270 minutes already this week. Friday and Sunday will be my rest days. Going camping Saturday...after my run of course!

Have a restful evening my friends!

• HDBaglady Pro 66 posts since
    Jun 5, 2009
    109. Jun 10, 2009 5:49 PM (in response to jodigirl928)

did you know you can't even say cr_p here? is that even a cuss word?

• JPH39 Amateur 13 posts since
    Jun 2, 2009
    110. Jun 11, 2009 6:07 AM (in response to jodigirl928)

Good job everyone!

I just completed W2D2. Feeling a little rough but looking forward to Saturdays run to get W2 in the books!

• Fresian Amateur 42 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    111. Jun 11, 2009 6:09 AM (in response to jodigirl928)

I'm looking forward as well to tomorrow's run to get w2 in the books and over with.

After this week is over, who is going to run for time and who is going to run for distance? I'm going to run for distance.

• kitapope Amateur 11 posts since
    Jun 2, 2009
    112. Jun 11, 2009 6:26 AM (in response to jodigirl928)

I'm going into W2D2 tomorrow as well and looking forward to getting it behind me! I've been pretty sluggish by 4:00 on the days that I train though (usually in the mornings @ 6:30). I don't really understand why though. I eat small meals often throughout the day and I get an average of 7-8 hours of sleep. Any ideas?

Jun 2, 2009
    113. Jun 11, 2009 6:28 AM (in response to jodigirl928)

I think I'm running for distance, the time will come, plus at 39 I don't forsee 8 min miles racking up anytime soon?:8}

• DiscoBandit Amateur 32 posts since
    Jun 10, 2009
    114. Jun 11, 2009 6:59 AM (in response to jodigirl928)

So I'm going to do W3D1 this evening and I'm pretty scared! My last run was really hard although I think I had a touch of hayfever which was making everything hard work. Depending on how warm it is when I get home, I may end up not going out until about 9pm. It stays light until 10pm here at the moment and I really love to run right before sunset I'll report back and let everyone knows how I get on with the step up to week 3.

• IBmotivated Pro 90 posts since
    May 28, 2009
    115. Jun 11, 2009 8:40 AM (in response to Fresian)

I just finished W3 D1!! What a difference between 90 seconds and 3 minutes of running, but I did it!  During the first 3 min running segment, I started thinking "man, 3 minutes is a long time", but just as I was thinking that, the alarm sounded and it was time to walk again.  

I am so glad I have this board to post on, it definitely keeps me motivated to keep moving forward with the program. I am feeling good about this b/c I am starting to see actual improvement in my body, I'm getting leg muscle definition, and my waistbands are a little looser on all of my pants - pretty awesome side effect of running.

RE: the question of whether we are running for time or distance, at this point I am running for time.  Once I can make myself run for 30 minutes straight, then I will focus on making sure I am going the full 3.1 miles at a time.  It's less intimidating for me that way.

I am so psyched to be in week 3, at the end of this week I will be 1/3 of the way done with the program!  Keep up the good work everyone!

Jun 2, 2009
    116. Jun 11, 2009 10:02 AM (in response to jodigirl928)

IB Congratulations!!!! Keep it up. I'm jealous, I'm still in W2!:D

Disco Good Luck!!!!!

• DiscoBandit Amateur 32 posts since
    Jun 10, 2009
    117. Jun 11, 2009 10:46 AM (in response to IBmotivated)

Hi IB! Wow, we seem to be on exactly the same schedule, I've just finished W3D1. When I say 'just' finished, I mean the endorphine rush hasn't even worn off yet! It's weird to think that someone on the other side of the world is doing exactly the same running program at exactly the same time as me

I found it surprisingly easy, especially as W2D3 was just hellish. Today though, I was running round that park with a big grin on my face. Looking forward to my next run now, roll on Saturday morning!

• ahnniewantstorun Amateur 23 posts since
    May 31, 2009
    118. Jun 11, 2009 2:10 PM (in response to Fresian)

Definitely distance....and i don't care HOW long it takes...even if i have to run reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly slow to run the whole long way...i will have severe PPS....Pokey Puppy Syndrome....

Ann

• IBmotivated Pro 90 posts since
    May 28, 2009
    119. Jun 11, 2009 2:21 PM (in response to DiscoBandit)

Hey Disco, where are you?  That is funny that we are on the same schedule.  I started on a Thursday, I thought I would be the only one doing a Thursday, Saturday, Tuesday schedule, it works for me, so I'm sticking to it.  Isn't it great running for longer and longer intervals?

JP - Thanks for the encouragement! This site is so great for keeping each other motivated. 

I forgot to mention that I took my son to the park yesterday, one of his favorite things to do is run the bases on the baseball diamond (5 year olds have so much energy).  He always wants me to do it with him, but I am usually winded after one trip around.  Yesterday I ran the bases twice and didn't even feel a little winded, progress!

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...