Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

948 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2009 12:44 PM by LowDead RSS
LowDead Pro 68 posts since
Feb 26, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 18, 2009 12:44 PM

Losing toenails: revisited

A recent post on losing toenails got me to thinking about this:  The toenail on my second toe on my right foot occasionally gets very sore after a run.  My shoes are about 1.5 sizes larger than my normal shoes and I have plenty of room.  It does not bother me every run.  In fact, the common element that leads to a problem is not the length of the run, but rather the intensity of the run.  I have run easy 10 milers with no problem, but it usually gets sore after a race of any length or after intervals or a longer tempo run.  This leads me to believe it is a technique problem that is showing up when I get fatigued.  Any ideas on what could be causing this?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points