As anyone used this water treatment product? Looking around at different types. This one seems simple enough, portable, and quick. Mixed reviews I read. Another one is the first need deluxe water purifier. How does that work if anyone has used it? Which one do you use? Thanks.
I used the Steripen this entire summer backpacking in the Sierra, it is awesome! The product is small, light and easy to use. All you have to do is:
1. Must first turn pen on… push button once or twice depending on how much water you want to treat. .green light will blink 15 seconds BEFORE putting in water
2. While it is blinking..put pen in water
3. Pen should immediately light up and this will be visible
4. Agitate water while treatment light is on
5. Once lamp goes off the green led light will go on to tell you its done
6. If get red light or do not see UV light…do not drink
The only thing that I recommend is to bring extra batteries, just in case you need them. Cold weather will reduce the number of doses you get from the batteries. Also, while storing the product at home, remove batteries to save juice.
I also have a buddy that traveled through Asia last year with the Steripen and swears on on it. Portable, light and easy to use.
I love the simplicity of the steripen and pretty much never use water that's not clear by appearance. My preference is the steripen, but is there a benefit to the mechanical type pump that I'm missing? If I really was worried, I'd probably use a coffee filter or something.
Hey all, give a lot and take only what you need!
Of course you could always simply use iodine. It may not get the water clear but it is very effective for purifying the water... and it doesn't need batteries.
Live life large because you never know what is around the corner. :) Empire Formula
I had never heard of steripen but i just saw the commercial video on the official site and this water purifier system looks amaizing, I will get one this christmas as I travel a lot and this gadget can come in handy.
Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.