Skip navigation

12183 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2013 6:36 AM by ramirizjoi RSS 1 2 Previous Next
Sophias Wisdom 5K Rookie 2 posts since
May 31, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 30, 2009 11:27 AM

Running Shoes

I wondering if anyone can suggest a good pair of sneakers for a person who's feet supine (recent foot scan showed this to be an issue)?  I am a new runner and my left hip, knee and ankle are not impressed.  Thanks.

• brtdog Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 27, 2008
    1. Jul 8, 2009 4:22 PM (in response to Sophias Wisdom 5K)
    Re: Running Shoes

I would definitely go to a store like Fleet Feet where the people know what they are talking about.  If you spend any money on this sport, put it into good/great shoes.  I've had more injuries from wearing shoes that are not "fitted" for me.  Take the time and spend the money.  You'll be happy.

• gotmarc Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2009
    2. Jul 9, 2009 7:55 AM (in response to brtdog)

Is there any stores where they "know what they are talking about," closer to Southern California?

• BarbaraPeterson Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 25, 2009
    4. Jul 25, 2009 5:58 PM (in response to Sophias Wisdom 5K)

Hi. Have you checked out xterragear.com -- and look under their new footwear? There are very nice shoes, reasonably priced and they have excellent options. Please tell them Barbara Peterson sent you, they will like it. (I am an XTERRA athlete, and have just tested their shoes with great new appreciation for their product line). You can also look me up as a viable reference under Ambassadors/SW REGION.

Good luck!

• lookinahead Amateur 36 posts since
    Aug 14, 2009
    5. Aug 18, 2009 9:22 AM (in response to Sophias Wisdom 5K)

I am in Texas - but know these type of "chains" are out there nationally.  I recently went to Lukes Locker and they will not only talk to you about what your needs are and help with fit, but they will also put you on a treadmill that allows them to see "how" you walk and assist with best shoe for your needs.

saying all this - I walked out a little lighter in the pocketbook, but hopefully these new beuties will help me stay injury free so that I can keep lookinahead

• John W. Walker Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 18, 2009
    6. Aug 18, 2009 11:04 AM (in response to gotmarc)

Runners High.

• Surfgrrrl Rookie 4 posts since
    Oct 7, 2009
    7. Oct 7, 2009 5:40 AM (in response to Sophias Wisdom 5K)
    Not sure what supine is? but I am flat footed (almost no arch) and I have found Brooks to be one of the few shoes built for this condition. Most of the other brands we get here in Australia presume that if you are flatfooted you wont want to take up running - I'm trying to prove them wrong
  • jseelinger Rookie 2 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    8. Apr 14, 2010 6:18 PM (in response to gotmarc)

hi-

i know this reply is REALLY late, and chances are, you've already bought a pair of sneakers for your running pleasure, but i thought i'd offer my 2 cents.

a few years back, i was visiting my father in SoCal and he's got some amazing hills up by his house, which ultimately fed my desire to get a new pair of running shoes.

my sister, an avid runner before her injury, recommended a store that she had used before and had good experiences- Road Runner Sports. Not sure if you'd heard anything about them, but they have a knowledgeable staff there that take time to analyze your stride via motion camera/treadmill combo, talk about your pronation/lack thereof, and can recommend shoes that fit your price range. honestly, i they were great.

when they opened up a store location closer to me, here on the east coast, i was reminded at just how professional and easy-going they were to deal with.

i ended up buying some asics both times as the models i got fit my arches very well and i liked the support, but even if you don't have the first clue at what it is you want in a running shoe, definitely give them a try.

i went to the one in mission viejo, but i believe there is also one near newport beach.

again, sorry if this long-winded reply is too late, but who knows... you may already be in the market for another pair o' kicks!

take care,

-j.

• pinthebox.com Pro 94 posts since
    Apr 14, 2010
    9. Apr 14, 2010 7:08 PM (in response to Sophias Wisdom 5K)

try my website in the signiture, and search for shoe, you will find great shoes and free coupons to save you money.

pinterest login

• mariefnp Pro 160 posts since
    Mar 13, 2010
    10. Apr 14, 2010 7:27 PM (in response to Sophias Wisdom 5K)

SophiasWisdom   I must reiterate that you should at least google "running shoe stores" and the state in which you live. I did that and found a GREAT place here in NH that spent 1.5 hours with me and DH in order to fit us with the correct shoes/sneakers....they were great!!!!

I have Asics Gel Kayanos. I pronate, and I have RA so need the extra cushion of the gels...The tech that was fitting me kept telling me = you'll KNOW when you have the right pair!!! AND I DID!!!!!  it was amazing....They are not the same size as my everyday sneakers, so be sure to be fitted.... hope this helps....

Marie

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.....it is about learning how to dance in the rain!"

"The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength within you." - unknown

"Character gets you out of bed; commitment moves you to action. Faith, hope and discipline enable you to follow through to completion."

Began C25K 4/11/10 - have NEVER run in my life!!!!...C25K on hold with a knee injury

Soon to start Jeff Galloway's training program for women

• xVaio Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 17, 2010
    11. Apr 17, 2010 12:29 PM (in response to Sophias Wisdom 5K)

Ever heard something about Mizuno? Mizuno running shoes are great and IMO is a good deal. You'll surely get what your money's worth...

• kevingoorijan Rookie 5 posts since
    Apr 19, 2010
    12. Apr 20, 2010 9:44 AM (in response to xVaio)

[quote]

Ever heard something about Mizuno? Mizuno running shoes are great and IMO is a good deal. You'll surely get what your money's worth... [/quote]

I use mizuno for running too!  Do you use jackets when you are running during the winter or cold weatehr?  If so, what is the brand of the jacket that you use?  I use spyder jackets

• spyderjackets Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 6, 2011
    13. Sep 6, 2011 6:57 AM (in response to kevingoorijan)

we suggest you use ski jackets when you are running during the winter or cold weather?

If so, what is the brand of the jacket that you use?  I use spyder jackets

• gopikumar10 Amateur 19 posts since
    Feb 6, 2013
    14. May 10, 2013 5:23 AM (in response to Sophias Wisdom 5K)

you can choose what suits you...........

Facebook Covers

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points