Skip navigation

1660 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2009 8:18 AM by Suzanne Schwartz RSS
gilamado1 Amateur 16 posts since
Mar 4, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 23, 2009 10:13 AM

Triathlon Socks!?

Any recomendations for triathlon socks?  Do you prefer one brand vs. another?  I started getting major blisters when I run barefoot, so I tried transitioning with regular socks.  It takes way long and kills my T2.  Anybody have a positive experience with putting socks on wet / sweaty / dirty feet?

• Billiken on the Run Pro 135 posts since
    Nov 28, 2007
    1. Jul 23, 2009 10:29 AM (in response to gilamado1)
    Re: Triathlon Socks!?

I wear Nike dry fit socks and think they're great.  I put them on in T1 after wiping my feet off with a towel.  My feet are not completely dry, just dry enough to get the socks on correctly.  This probably adds 30 seconds or so to my T1 but I'm fine with it since I don't like biking or running without socks.  I would steer clear of cotton socks.

Joe

• honguito Pro 135 posts since
    Dec 24, 2007
    2. Jul 23, 2009 12:01 PM (in response to gilamado1)

Dear friend !

When you do Sprint or Olympic distance triathlons, I recommend Zoot running shoes. They are specially made to run without socks.

If you do 1/2 Ironmans or Ironmans, then it's not so important if you lose a minute or two when you dry your feet and put on the socks that you are used to (those you use during training). If you don't have good socks, any qualified sport shop will recommend you some.

Never wear new socks or running shoes in a competition, always try them out before in training.

Regards

Gunter

• Suzanne Schwartz Rookie 3 posts since
    Jun 30, 2008
    3. Jul 24, 2009 8:18 AM (in response to gilamado1)

I am a huge fan of the Features brand running socks.  Can get them at most independent running stores.  Variety of styles.  Very comfortable, never get blisters when I wear these socks.  Fit is amazing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points