Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1421 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2009 11:55 AM by whereismyrobot RSS
whereismyrobot Rookie 3 posts since
Jul 26, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 26, 2009 7:28 AM

C25K and treadmills

Hello everyone. I am on my fourth week of the C25K. I started on the treadmill, but now I am wondering, how do I ween myself off the treadmill? I tried to run the track and it was so much harder than the treadmill and I could not get through it. Do you mix up your runs?

I wish someone had warned me not to do all my runs on the treadmill when I started.

• silvereagle Legend 1,159 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    1. Jul 26, 2009 8:41 AM (in response to whereismyrobot)
    Re: C25K and treadmills

Welcome and congrats on your Progress you should be very proud of yourself in that. I would say keep run / walks outside it will be hard, but i promise it will get easier just dont stop.

Second if you want to help yourself on the treadmill put the incline at 1 1/2 degrees this will help simulate the track on the treadmill.

Dont give up, Congrats again!!!!!!!!!

Dennis

It's not only about finishing, its about finishing healthy!

• amytech Amateur 25 posts since
    Jul 13, 2009
    2. Jul 26, 2009 10:07 AM (in response to silvereagle)
    Re: C25K and treadmills

That is a great idea about putting the treadmill at 1.5 incline.  I'm gonna try that today...

I try and alternate the treadmill and running outside as much as the weather will let me.  I've found running outside way harder too since I've got some small hills around the house.  Treadmill is easier but more boring.   So good and bad with both...

Amy in MI

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...