Skip navigation

102907 Views 590 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 6:22 PM by Lorieann18031 RSS 1 2 3 ... 40 Previous Next
susan-n-the black dog Legend 425 posts since
Jun 11, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 30, 2009 5:46 PM

So do walkers just not talk to each other?

Wow, the runners side of the group discussions talk about all sorts of stuff.  Are we just a more private group?  Are we the ugly step-children of the athletic world? 

Just wondering. 

I logged 106 miles in June and after tomorrow will manage 104 in July (in the heat)

How about everyone else?

What do you use for motivation in the heat of summer?

When do you all walk?  Morning?  After work?

Susan

Susan in CA
Brazen Racing Bear Creek 10k Aug 09
Brazen Racing Rocky Ridge 10k Oct 09
Brazen's Turkey Trot 10k Nov 09
Walked the Golden Gate Bridge - too cool!

Monterey Big Sur Internationl Half Marathon.(10mile walk)

Brazen's New Years 10k Jan 10

Brazen's Bear Creek 10k MUD FEST Jan 10

Finally, back out on the trails!

Blossom Trail 10k March 2011

Miracle Miles for Kids - May 2011

Brian Waterbury Memorial Rock to the Pier 10k - July 2011 Happy Birthday to me!

So many miles...so little time...

I did it - I signed up for Big Sur - April 2012

Unless you faint, puke or die...keep walking - Jillian Michaels

I can't come in last because I am ahead of those who didn't start!

• laloufton Expert 56 posts since
    Mar 15, 2009

My motivation is getting to splash around and act silly in the pool after a long hot walk. I walk early in the morning, and stop before it reaches a hundered. When i can't sleep i have snuck in a couple midnight walks with my dog that feel awsome.

• karena7 Amateur 20 posts since
    May 2, 2009

This is one walker who loves to talk.  I am a new walker.  Probably logging about 10 miles a week but hope to progress to more.

May 2, 2009

Yes, 20 miles is great compared to how it use to be.  I could barely walk from my front yard to the back withut running out of breath.  So I am excited about the progress.  My doctor is pleased.  I have lost 29 pounds. 

I walk in my neighborhood sometimes.  A friend and I meet after work 3 days a week.  We usually walk at a greenway or at the mall if it is bad weather.   Sometimes I go to the track at a school near my house although I prefer wooded nature.  

May 2, 2009
    6. Jul 31, 2009 1:03 PM (in response to karena7)
    Re: So do walkers just not talk to each other?

Sorry, I meant 10 miles, not 20.  Either my fingers got ahead of my mind or I am just projecting into the future

• laloufton Expert 56 posts since
    Mar 15, 2009

I actually live near a really big mall, i just have no clue how much i am walking i just know it takes me a couple hours to wonder through it all. I think those are the funnest walks. Also my dog is not used to the heat so she is usually bouncing off the walls in the middle of the night anyway.

• piprun1 Amateur 21 posts since
    Jul 31, 2009
    9. Aug 1, 2009 6:38 PM (in response to laloufton)

Hello from a very, very new walker!

In a moment of insanity I registered for a beginning runner's program to begin 8/29.  Currently I'm doing nothing, so I begin walking tomorrow morning!  I'm aiming for 30-45 minutes.

Jul 31, 2009

Thank you for the welcome, Susan!  I'm looking forward to beginning.  It will be great though when some of the humidity is gone (Florida!).

Savannah

May 2, 2009
    12. Aug 2, 2009 6:28 AM (in response to piprun1)

Welcome, piprun.  The humidity here in NC is awful too.  We have had lots of rain this summer.  Grateful for that because it is better than the drought of the last few years.  However, it does making walking outside more difficult. 

Congratulations on your decision to start walking and/or running.  It has made a HUGE difference in my life.  

Jul 31, 2009
    13. Aug 2, 2009 4:29 PM (in response to karena7)

Hello Karena7.  Yes, the rain is MUCH better than drought.  Several plants I have I thought I just couldn't grow are flourishing with the extra water!  lol!

Today was my day 1 of walking.  Went a little too far (walking with husband - he went ahead and was to meet me on the way back.  I had to turn back around before he got to me), walked 70 minutes!  Feel good, but I think tomorrow will be more along the lines of 30 minutes or so!

1 2 3 ... 40 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points