Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

11159 Views 102 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2009 10:24 AM by SimonnR RSS Go to original post 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next
  • runninchicken Amateur 12 posts since
    Feb 8, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    61. Aug 16, 2009 11:46 AM (in response to Spareribs823)
    Re: August - 50 Plus Racing, Training, Running

Thanks  Spareribs I think I remember you from the old board when I was more active on line. Formerly known as rnninfool. Got the 16 in today with 3 other 50+ folks. When we got to mile 14 we stopped and played in the fountain in front of a local condo complex...that must have been quite the sight...LOL. 16 at 8:35, tommorow is recovery run 6 at 9-10 pace. Hope it cools of here soon running about 90 out right now.

• SierraLauren Pro 148 posts since
    Dec 31, 2008
    63. Aug 17, 2009 9:35 AM (in response to fred-urie)

Hi all---I'm sorry I've been so absent. Once I arrived in Vermont, it was a crazy busy schedule, especially with my mom here. I didn't have much time to log on.

I have a lot of reading of your posts to catch up on when I get back.

We're waiting now in a hotel lobby for a ride to the train station. Then its four days back to Calif.

I didn't run as much as I usually do this past two weeks (no long run) but ran almost every day (4 or 5 miles) along a river and on a dirt track.

Muggy, though. Still, I love to run in Vermont. I ran around a hotel numerous times this morning and on the treadmill for 5 miles. I lost weight before the trip and I

seem to have kept it off, though I've taken advantage of the good meals on the train. Stress and constant movement has kept it off, I think. We

had a little bit of a mishap coming out. Our sleeper car had an electrical short and fire. We had to evacuate to another car

but all was well. We arrived ahead of schedule.

Have a good week everyone, and talk with you later.

SierraLauren

• ksrunr Legend 1,292 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    64. Aug 17, 2009 9:42 AM (in response to fred-urie)

Wow Fred - 162 bpm for you?  You must have been flying for YOUR heart rate to get that high.   Mine can get that high just thinking about running sprints.

Sierra - glad to hear you're still with us.   You and your posts are missed.  Hope you have a safe trip home.

This morning I decided to let the run and my training partners come with the plan for our 5.75 mile run.   IF they ran easy; I would too.  If they picked it up; I had to cover.   Started with 1st mile at 8:15 and then we picked it up to where we finished with 7:06 pace.  So last 4.75 miles avg. about 6:35 +-.    Didn't wear my garmin but felt like splits were pretty even.  Only 77 degrees this morning but about 85% wet factor.   And absolutely no breeze.   Running this fast this morning allowed me time to get home, shower, and back downtown to answer a jury summons.   Picked for a panel and then dismissed.  Perfect day so far!

Feb 8, 2008
    67. Aug 19, 2009 5:50 AM (in response to fred-urie)

9 hilly miles at 8:00 pace. 72 degrees with 90% humidity at 5 am. I should have hydrated more last night finished up as one thirsty hot bastid.

• ksrunr Legend 1,292 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    68. Aug 19, 2009 5:54 AM (in response to fred-urie)

runningchicken - we could have run together this morning.   5:30 a.m. 77° and 90% humidity.  12 miles of hills at 7:43 avg pace.

Took yesterday completely off from running.   Felt strong today but didn't push it any.

Morning to the rest of you and have a great day.

Feb 8, 2008
    72. Aug 21, 2009 7:53 AM (in response to fred-urie)

Intervals this morning at 5:30am. 80 degrees with 90% RH. 7 miles with 1 mile warm up then 1/2 mile at 6:00min/mile pace then 1/2 mile at 7:30 pace. The first 4 were right on time the last 2 were noticeable slower, I think the heat caught up to me. Long run on Sunday 12 miles on dirt roads through the woods really looking forward to this run.

• Spareribs823 Legend 2,040 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    74. Aug 21, 2009 2:26 PM (in response to fred-urie)

Been missing this week.

Yes rnninfool, I recall your handle on CR.

Have run every day this week.  Wednesday I did a light track workout and just for fun did 4 x 400 all out with full recovery just as a check of leg speed. Pretty pleased with 1:36, 1:32, 1:30, 1:30, then a 38 second 200.  This means I am half as fast as Bolt in the 200!

6.5 today in 72 degree temps after a rainstorm, which allowed me to pick up the pace a bit and get just under 9's at 8:52.  A 4-miler tomorrow gives me a 40 mile week.  Spareribs

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...