Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1135 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 13, 2009 11:38 PM by ATTAC5 RSS
TheSBG Amateur 29 posts since
Jul 21, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 9, 2009 3:39 PM

Finished C25K and looking for next program

I Finished C25K on Friday and wanted to share some of the positive health effects that resulted from doing it.

I lost 12 lbs.

W1D1 resting heart rate: 67 bpm

W9D3 resting heart rate:  56 bpm

W1D1 average heart rate at 10 min/mile pace: 187 bpm and a perceived exertion of 7-8

W9D3 average heart rate at 10 min/mile pace: 164 bpm and a perceived exertion of 6

I feel great!

Now I'd like your feedback.

The 10K is probably the limit to my running ambition.  I have found other programs (5K and 10K) on CoolRunning.com but the training schedules increase to 5 days per week.  What's up with that?  I want to use running as a component of my fitness program but not the core.  I believe that I could do a 10K without much additional training.

What are your suggestions for increasing weekly mileage on a 3 day per week schedule?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points