Skip navigation

4350 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2010 3:29 PM by JRH125 RSS
jbarnett33 Expert 35 posts since
Apr 1, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 12, 2009 2:43 PM

Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, NutriSystem, Hydroxycut, etc!!!!!

You tell me which you prefer and why.

• twistingpath Amateur 17 posts since
    Sep 20, 2009

HCG, because it worked.  I'm 72 lbs. lighter after using it, well within normal BMI range, am sleep apnea free, bp meds cut in half, no cholesterol problems, and am more physically fit than I have been in decades.  Now I am taking up running and am super-optimistic about it. I'm 47 years old.

• liv4fit Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 20, 2010

im not crazy about any of these to be honest - i haven't had much experience with nurtisystem but i worked for the other two. I actually did personal training and nutritional advice before I worked there and the contents of sugar and carbs were awful. Be mindful of what you eat and cut out processed food, white breads/etc, sugar, and watch calories and you should be fine.

• Stockh01 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 23, 2010

Seriously, save your money! Learn how to do it yourself. I lost 50+ lbs and eat foods I choose, and when I choose. I would never suggest any of these because you never learn how to manage your own intake, and personal preferences. I always want to know what happens when you stop doing any of these? I did find a site that helped me follow the recommended guildlines that I used as a tool to build an understanding of what/how I was eating, and what was in the food I ate. I strongly suggest this. Though there are several sites to choose from on the internet, the one that was the easiest for me to understand and follow was Nutrimirror.com The name is just what it is. Shows you the nutritional information for all the food you eat. Then you put in your goals and some body settings and voila - you begin to learn how to eat healthy and reach your goals.

I agree with the other reply that said, cut the processed stuff, and work on focusing your nutrition. This website will help you begin to identify the food you're currently eating. Found some shocking stuff, and some very helpful posts and journals.

• Huskapet Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 26, 2010

The diet industry profits when people can't keep weight off.

I wish there was some way to wave a wand and make people understand that it's really, really simple. You do not need the processed, pre-packaged foods laden with sodium in order to get the right kind of food into your body.

You do need to know exactly what you're eating, and how your nutrient balance affects your weight and the way you feel, and you do need to give your body a very, very gradual (slow weight loss) caloric deficit so that your body does not go into starvation mode. There are a few free, and some for small fee, healthy weight loss sites out there that do not rely on fear, frustration, or indecision in order to help people. Nutrimirror is one of the best of them, and is free, but there are others. Eat close to the outside of the grocery store, in moderate amounts, get exercise, and keep sodium (among other things) in check, and get enough iron, calcium and vitamins into your system, and you WILL lose weight, and feel great.  Most people need some serious reality checking in order to do this, which is why a lot of people are succeeding without the commercial layer of the diet industry.

• vashanti Amateur 29 posts since
    Apr 16, 2010

I haven't tried any. I have thought about it but have never gotten the courage to try because I don't think any would work for me. I had a co-worker once who was on the Atkins "plan" and it didn't really help her that much. Counting calories, pills, paying lots of money for pre-packaged foods are not anything that sound right.

I have to say I tried Alli though. I think if I was working out as much as I do now, then, it might have worked better for me, but I didn't see much of a difference.

I also tried slimquik. It really does help with suppressing my appetite, but again I didn't work out as much as I do now, so maybe that's why it didn't work.

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but instead will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease."

• monkeylamb Amateur 38 posts since
    Apr 29, 2010

I have had tons of success with Weight Watchers.  I eat exactly what I want and have cut out almost all processed food.  In order to lose and maintain your weight, you have to know how much you need to eat and how much you are actually eating.  In my opinion, there is no way to lose weight without some sort of tracking system to keep you honest.  WW is just a way of keeping up with how much you are eating and gives you a way to compare foods.  If you follow the program correctly, you will also focus on the good health guidelines such as drinking enough water, eating enough servings of fruits, veggies and dairy, eating lean protein and whole grains.

A previous poster is absolutely correct in saying that once you stop doing any of the above referenced programs that you will gain back the weight.  You have to think about WW or any program you choose as a lifestyle.  There is no magic solution.  You will have to think about your diet and exercise for the rest of your life.

• ryder100 Amateur 25 posts since
    May 7, 2010

You manage require to understand precisely what you're consuming, and how your nutrient balance sways your heaviness and the way you seem, and you manage require to give your body a very, very stepwise (slow heaviness loss) caloric shortfall in order that your body does not proceed into starvation mode. There are a couple of free, and some for little charge, wholesome heaviness decrease sites out there that manage not depend on worry, annoyance, or indecision in alignment to assist people. Nutrimirror is one of the best of them, and is free, but there are others. Eat close to the out-of-doors of the food shop, in moderate amounts,

hgh vitamins

human growth hormone

• JRH125 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 25, 2010

I agree with MonkeyLamb.  I started WW in March 2009.  I hit goal weight March 2010.  I have kept it off. It sparked my activity and fitness challenge. I do WW at work and use the online tools.  It showed me how to eat healthy and frame a new lifestyle. I tracked what I ate and my activity so I was accountable and aware of what I was doing. After trying all the fad diets, this really clicked for me. I ran my second marathon in October 2009 and have run 3 1/2 marathons in 2010.  No injuries.  I exercise 5-6 days a week, learned how to eat healthy (fuel for my body) and not when I was emotional or bored.  I got rid of all my old big clothes because I know that this is my body and I will keep it at this weight.  That was a watershed moment for me.  I am now called athletic, slim and tiny (never in my wildest dreams).  It is an individual choice and what works for you.

I wish anyone on this journey the best and to remember, you are on the path. It will not happen overnight, but it takes a while for the brain to make it a habit and establish this as a healthy new normal.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...