Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

907 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2009 7:24 AM by silvereagle RSS
zebUSCG Expert 38 posts since
Nov 28, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 19, 2009 6:30 AM

Doing to much...

We all have different workout schedules and what works best for us. Last week was my first forty mile week. With that did three things differently started to bike; did about ten miles on the bike. Second thing was went swimming from four miles for the week to six miles. Then also walked seven miles when not running; did all this from Sunday to Sunday. Rested Monday and then went out for a ten mile run. A tough run with the legs feeling like that they were rocks. Though last week felt fine was wondering though does it seem body is just say relax this week?

• Marykb Legend 1,347 posts since
    Jan 16, 2008
    1. Aug 19, 2009 6:42 AM (in response to zebUSCG)
    Re: Doing to much...

You ran 40 miles, walked 7 miles, biked 10 miles, swam 6 miles - what you didn't climb any mountains?  LOL

I need to rest after just reading about your week!

• silvereagle Legend 1,159 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    2. Aug 19, 2009 7:24 AM (in response to zebUSCG)
    Re: Doing to much...

Im not surprised your legs feel like weights and you feel tired, I think you did alittle over training last week.

You might want to build up to that slowly so your body can get use to all the phyiscal work over a month or two of training . Im also sure your body is saying give it a break, with that I would wait a couple more days and then ease slowly back into the running over the next week or two..

Dennis

i

It's not only about finishing, its about finishing healthy!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...