Skip navigation

2233 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2009 7:44 AM by lenzlaw RSS
sergio001 Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 26, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 26, 2009 7:08 AM

Groin injury

Hi -

Anyone has any tips on what is the best way to treat a pulled groin??.....I pulled it about a month ago and did not interrupt my training.  I dont think is that serious of a pull since, as I said, I've been able to do my runs anbd it has not gotten any worse.  It really bothers me though, and just won't go away....I decided I am resting this entire week and see if it improves...I've been streching it and icing it for the last week or so and I think it has somewhat improved...any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

• RubyBPG Legend 1,604 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    1. Aug 27, 2009 7:04 AM (in response to sergio001)
    Re: Groin injury

Hi Sergio.  WELCOME to the MCM Forum.

I have had many injuries, but not a Groin injury, YET.  Great! Totally just jinxed myself. You're doing the right things, it seems, with resting/icing/stretching.  Rest is probably the best thing you can do for yourself right now.  Sorry, wish I could be more helpful.  I'm surprised you haven't gotten any other advice. 

Here's to a speedy recovery,

RUBY

http://mynewmarathon.wordpress.com

• PersianP Legend 468 posts since
    Oct 14, 2008
    2. Aug 27, 2009 7:10 AM (in response to sergio001)

Thisis an injury to the adductor muscles called a muscle strain. When a muscle is strained, the muscle is stretched too far. This happened to me a few years ago, it took 6 month to heal! I continued with my training and marathon a month! Not too smart!

Icing is good, but try not to aggravate it by stretching, this will tear the muscle fibers, and can even cause a complete tear of the muscle. You can probably continue training as long as it feels comfortable and doesn't heart.

Good Luck

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,373 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    3. Aug 27, 2009 7:44 AM (in response to PersianP)

This is one injury that I haven't had either, thank you very much!  I try to let someone with experience have their say first.  I agree with PersianP, particularly to minimize stretching. I don't know how it feels so I can't advise on training while it heals.

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points