Skip navigation

2718 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 7, 2009 1:30 PM by The Scott
jus_tri_it Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 31, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 31, 2009 11:30 AM

$99.00 rear disc wheel

triathletes on a budget that are looking for some inexpensive speed. check out aeroxl.com. i'm an experienced triathlete and i know the importance of aerodynamics. i've test ridden zipp, hed, corima, mavic, and bontrager disc and aero wheels and i know the advantages of a disc wheel and aero wheel set up. the price was the only thing holding me back. i wanted to stay below $1500.00 for a disc wheel and an aero wheel. my fixed gear friends told me i should look at aeroxl.com. For $99.00 i got a race worthy, aerodynamic rear disc wheel. i sent them my mavic ksyrium rear wheel. waited about 2 weeks. they put a lycra skin over my race wheel. now, i have a fully aerodynamic, lightweight, race proven rear clincher disc wheel. now i dont have to worry about changing wheels, i can just bring a couple spare tubes, tire wedges, and co2. i weighed my wheel and it came in at 904g wheel minus cassette, skewer, rim tape, tube and tire. that's 300g less than the other disc wheels and a thousand dollars cheaper. as for performance, i was pedaling with less effort at speed 25 mph in a 5 mph head wind when compared to my original ksyrium.  i tried it in 15-20 mph cross winds and felt very stable. now i have a race ready rear disc wheel and a hed3 aero front wheel and more cash in my pocket.

• The Scott Amateur 35 posts since
    Sep 22, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 7, 2009 1:30 PM (in response to jus_tri_it)
    Re: $99.00 rear disc wheel

They put a lycra cover over the wheel?

The website doesnt explne much. If those are the wheels on the site. No pics, heavy wheels too.

Need more infor for $100 disc.

"Get to livin' before you're dead because you soon will find if you're not pushing straight ahead, you're being left behind." 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...