Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1957 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2009 1:33 PM by RunlikeUmeanit RSS
RunlikeUmeanit Rookie 2 posts since
Sep 14, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 14, 2009 10:22 AM

Anyone out there get moody while distance training?

Hi Everyone...this is my first time doing this, so I apologize for any major errors! I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer for anywhere on the web, so I thought maybe someone here might know. My husband is currently training for a Marathon in November.  He has reached the point where he is starting to get into longer distances; last weekend's long run was 13 miles. He has recently become very moody. He's gotten very grouchy and sometimes just downright mean. Is this normal? Has anyone else had experience with this? He trained for a half marathon earlier in the year and I noticed the same thing then but i thought that might have just been a one-off thing. Apparently it is not...any way to combat this or make it better? Thanks for any advice you can give me!

I run too, by the way...just so you all don't think I'm the evil, non-running spouse    

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points