Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

655 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2009 1:03 PM by runninfeets RSS
runninfeets Amateur 23 posts since
Aug 21, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 15, 2009 1:03 PM

I think I have tendonitis?

I had tendonitis quite a few years ago in my left foot and Saturday morning as I was running home from a 5 mile run (I had just done 4.5 the night before....I know I should have waited longer) I started getting some discomfort starting from my little pinky toe, down the outside of my right foot up into my ankle.  It wasn't so bad that I had to stop, but luckily I was less than a 1/2 mile away from home.  It immediately reminded me of the feeling I had years ago with tendonitis in my left foot.  I've not made any change in my running routine, other than starting speedwork 1 day a week a few weeks ago.  I'm thinking maybe my shoes are breaking down and that's what caused it?  I did the math and I think my shoes have around 270 miles on them already even though I only bought them in May this year.  I really didn't want to buy new shoes this late in the running season (I'm being cheap) but I don't want to further injure myself.  I wanted to do a 5k in about a week....how many days do I realistially need to take off?  I did run 3 miles last night just to test it out.....it was a little tight while I was running, but not so bad that I needed to stop or anything; just achy during the evening (but my dear hubby gave it a foot massage which helped!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...