Skip navigation

20494 Views 29 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 2:41 PM by bullshitwebsite RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • acot10 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 7, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Sep 7, 2010 11:38 AM (in response to bayareabiker)
    Re: how to cancel active.com

Don't sign up!

This company is clearly focused on keeping you a captive customer instead of responding to your needs.

An upstanding company would give us a web-based way to terminate our account, especially after many months of customer complaints in this forum. I bet the rank and file employees loathe the management decision to be so obnoxious in this way.

I spent 17 minutes on hold in my first cancellation attempt. Then a person from work called, and I had to hang up. Now heading back to the end of the line...

On the second call, they picked up at 22 min 30 seconds. Once I was on the phone with them though, it was easy. They just asked for my name, confirmed my email address, then said they would send a cancellation email. That email arrived within five minutes.

• rachweb80 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 29, 2009
    16. Oct 29, 2010 9:10 AM (in response to Tussany)

Thanks to the person who posted the # to call.  I did not have to hold more than a minute.  No questions asked she canceled and told me I would get a refund and to look for a confirmation email.  As long as I get the refund.  I have no complaints.  I do agree, though, that there should be a clear link or button to cancel online.

• taytay3412 Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 2, 2010
    17. Feb 1, 2011 8:32 AM (in response to bayareabiker)

If it helps...try calling this number 866.561.0647. I didn't have to wait as long to get ahold of someone (waited about 30 seconds) and received a confirmation email within seconds and a full refund. It would be easier to cancel if there were a link online but as far as having to call and cancel this was the easiest membership I've ever canceled, no questions asked.

• johnmccarty Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 23, 2011
    18. Mar 25, 2011 2:07 PM (in response to Active Toby)

How do I cancel the account?

• njssurf Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 29, 2011
    19. Apr 16, 2011 1:28 PM (in response to bayareabiker)

Hey Active.com provide a cancel button.

This is a pain in the ***. I just called (877-228-4881) and your website does not have customer service on weekend.

I guess I'll call you monday.

Im not a happy customer.

• MichaelMargulis6401 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 29, 2011
    20. May 12, 2011 9:41 AM (in response to bayareabiker)

To be fair...called the 866#, on hold less than 1 min, talked to rep less than 1 min (nice southern lady).  Cancelled and said have a nice day.  Easy peezy lemon squeezy.  Yes, they should have a link to cancel through the website, but the phone cancel was the easiest thing I've done all day.

• jml355 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 26, 2011
    21. Jul 26, 2011 9:00 AM (in response to bayareabiker)

it only took me a few minutes to cancel, and even though I had already been charged they refunded me in 3-5 days

just call 1-877-228-4881 they were friendy and didn't question why I wanted to canel

J

• maczodiac Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 18, 2010
    22. Aug 23, 2011 8:47 AM (in response to bayareabiker)

I would strongly advise AGAINST joining ACTIVE.COM as they are very clueless as far treating their customers. Within a span of 3 weeks, my credit card was charged twice for the membership(59.95). When I called to get one of the charges reversed, the customer service lady just said, 'Okay, we will reverse in 3-5 business days'. No apology, no explanation for the overcharge. I wonder how people get ripped off this way because maybe they're too busy to check their accounts. I ended cancelling my whole membershp and am now waiting for both refunds. If I don't get my money in week's time, I am reporting them to the BBB.

• josevaldesv Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 31, 2011
    23. Nov 28, 2011 8:36 AM (in response to Tussany)
    how to cancel active.com

Thank you Tussay! your phone number worked in about 2 minutes, compared to the 20+ minutes I had been waiting for on another phone number that I found for customer service and memberships!

• CosmoScrivanich Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 9, 2011
    24. Feb 29, 2012 4:40 PM (in response to Kevin Cosgriff)
    how to cancel active.com

Thanks for the info everyone.  I called and sent a email.  Probably a double negative like this will get my account re-active.com-ed

• EdenElston Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 29, 2012
    25. Aug 28, 2012 8:52 AM (in response to bayareabiker)
    how to cancel active.com

Members can cancel at any time? Really? Because I'm on hold for 5 minutes and keep getting hung up on!!! this is bogus!!!!!!!

• EdenElston Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 29, 2012
    26. Aug 28, 2012 9:02 AM (in response to EdenElston)
    how to cancel active.com

Took 6 tried and 45 minutes, but I finally got through and cancelled it. Persistence is key, I suppose... lesson learned.

• scott99433 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 15, 2012
    27. Sep 15, 2012 12:41 AM (in response to Active Toby)
    how to cancel active.com

@activenetwork

On the 'My Active / Your registrations and receipts' page, I literally have:

8/15/12 - signed up

8/30/12 - membership canceled

9/15/12 - billed for annual membership

: (

• bullshitwebsite Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 24, 2012
    28. Nov 26, 2012 2:17 PM (in response to bayareabiker)
    how to cancel active.com

This is total bull crap!  I thought I was being smart buy registering for a 3K online, and it turned into this!  Now I'm on hold forever to get out.  ANYTIME you have a profile with a website that you can't "close" or "cancel"- it's shady.  I've been on this site dozens of times trying to figure out how to close it.  They don't even have this thread in the main FAQ section.  I just SO HAppened to click on Active Toby on the sideline and saw this thread.  If your company wants to be perceived as legit.  Have a cancel option.

• bullshitwebsite Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 24, 2012
    29. Nov 26, 2012 2:41 PM (in response to bayareabiker)
    how to cancel active.com

FYI!!!!

There is NO way to actually delete the profile or account.  A rep just told me, they just make it so that YOU can't log in, but they don't delete anything.  Look at all the earlier posts, of people who said they got it deleted, yet their username still appears.  If your profile is truley cancelled, the name would be blank and the comments erased.

This place is a scam, I will be sure to notify everyone I know through social medial.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...