Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

504 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2009 6:59 AM by jwsamuel RSS
jwsamuel Amateur 19 posts since
Sep 28, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 28, 2009 6:59 AM

Started C25K Last Night - 9/27/2009

Hi,

I am a 52 year old man who used to run when I was in my 20s. After a long time away from running, during which time my weight ballooned up to 245 pounds, I decided to start again. A woman I work with recommended the C25K plan, so I started last night.

The C25K plan really seems like something that will work. I got a watch with an interval timer so I don't even have to worry about timing. I just hear the beep and run, then hear the next beep and walk.

My goals for running are to lose weight and try to get off some of the medications I am taking for hypertension and diabetes. The doctors says if I can lose 40 pounds or so, I should be able to get off nearly all the meds, My long term goal is to run in the Philadelphia Distance Run in September 2010.

Anyone else just starting?

Jim

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...