Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

639 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2009 8:48 AM by zebUSCG RSS
zebUSCG Expert 38 posts since
Nov 28, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 19, 2009 8:48 AM

Ankle pain and running…?

Hey how goes it? After a few runs lately my right ankle would become sore. Usually would wear an extra sock on my right foot, but with the summer there is no need. Completed my first 20 mile run, and developed some pain in my right ankle. The pain subsided, and was able to run still. While looking for what I did to my ankle found out about the double sock. Forgot about doing that, and ran with two socks no pain during the run. Only thing is after the run the ankle feel is still sore. Ran another 20 mile run last week. No pain at all during the run, but after flared up again. The next day though the pain was gone. Would you think it be alright to keep running that long distance with the pain still flaring up? Also anyone experience something similar to this?  Thanks for the feedback.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points