Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1279 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2009 2:57 PM by LowDead
LowDead Pro 68 posts since
Feb 26, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 29, 2009 2:57 PM

Metatarsal Stress Fracture Recovery

I am recovering from a stress fracture to my third metatarsal.  I was just cleared to quit wearing my "boot", but I am still restricted to no running for two more weeks.  After that time, I can slowly begin to resume running.  I am a neutral runner with a medium arch, wide forefoot, medium mid, and medium-narrow heel.  I have been running in a pair of Mizuno Wave Ronin 2 for tempo/speedwork and Brooks Ghost 2 for longer runs, both of which have just adequate cushioning under normal circumstances but not enough to make me feel confident that they will provide adequate protection while recovering from a stress fracture.  Can anyone recommend a running shoe or particular type of insert that would be helpful in providing protection from reinjuring my foot once I resume running?

--Brad

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points