Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

4892 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2010 8:21 AM by runningeek
Brian Weller Rookie 1 posts since
Nov 25, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 30, 2009 11:49 AM

I exercise a lot and eat little and cannot lose weight.

I am asking if anyone has an idea for sustained weight loss. I am 40 years old, 5'10 and 162 pounds. This may not seem over weight to some folks but I run 6-10 miles a day and eat less than 2000 kcals. I also do other activties such as surfing, kayak, what have you. I am a vegetarian, and I drink 4 drinks a day on average. I realize stopping the drink would help, but I doubt I would eat more. At my age can one still rejuvinate their metabolism? Suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

• vashanti Amateur 29 posts since
    Apr 16, 2010

Maybe you should try changing what you eat. It is likely that you are not getting enough of something in your diet. Being a vegetarian, PROBABLY you are limiting yourself to certain nutrients that the body needs. I think the best person to talk to is your doctor or a nutrition.

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but instead will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease."

• kaylee1120 Amateur 10 posts since
    May 5, 2010

doing exercise is one way to weightloss. but a suitable and reasonable diet that match ur exercise is alse important and effective rather than eat little.

we exercise, we run out our energy. so we need a good suplementtary.  u should go on ur exercise, but a good diet plans may do much help to u.

www.p90xshow.com

• ultimatehlth Pro 118 posts since
    Jul 13, 2009

Our metabolism decreases about 4% per decade. For most people this is due to loss of lean body mass. With the right diet. amount and type of exercise you can mitigate this loss at any age.

As a vegetarian I have to question if your carbohydrate intake is too high and protein too low. Remember if you're giving your body a lot of sugar in the form of starches (bodies favorite fuel source is sugar) you will have a more difficult time losing fat. Try cutting carbs by about 10% and increasing protein to compensate and see what happens.

Change your workout routine up by varying your runs. Try shorter faster distances, intervals, hills etc. You might also want to add resistance training. This will spare lean body mass while promoting additional fat loss. Start with twice a week.

Personal Trainer Los Angeles - Weight loss

• kelle28 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 11, 2010

Yup. I agree with vashanti. Just doing some exercises alone can't really be effective. Actually, It is always associated with a good and healthy diet plan. And why don't you try to take some health products also that work as an antioxidant and at the same time will help lose weight.

• ryder100 Amateur 25 posts since
    May 7, 2010

My friend its not that easy to lose weight you shluld not be disappointed and carry on with your daily workout and diet ,

if you are sick of it then you can try hgh supplements to lose your weight . but one think you should keep in mind that you

have to consult the doctor before using hgh...

human growth hormone

• runningeek Rookie 3 posts since
    Jun 26, 2010

I had this same issue a couple of years ago.  Actually, gained 10 pounds when training for my first marathon.  Afterwards, I did a whole bunch of different diets and couldn't lose the weight.  I was in my

20's and can't really say that I had to battle age but I added two days of strength training (actually went to a personal trainer once/week) and dropped the weight and firmed up like I hadn't been able to with just running.  Strength training builds muscle, which is much more effective at burning calories than cardio activities.  In short if you want to lose bodyfat, start doing strength training!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...