Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

561 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 10, 2009 1:53 PM by Smashville RSS
georgia5474 Rookie 2 posts since
Nov 9, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 10, 2009 1:13 PM

Nashville 1/2 marathon and hotels

I am thinking about signing up for the 1/2 marathon in Nashville this next april 2010....it will be my first one.  How difficult is the race? (heat/hills/etc)

Also, what are some good hotels to stay in that don't cost $300/night? I would like one within walking distance...

• Smashville Pro 93 posts since
    Oct 20, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 10, 2009 1:53 PM (in response to georgia5474)
    Re: Nashville 1/2 marathon and hotels

If you want walking distance, your options are the Hampton Inn Vanderbilt, Hampton Inn Elliston Place, Holiday Inn Select Vanderbilt, Marriott at Vanderbilt, Courtyard Vanderbilt, the Hutton Hotel, Loews Vanderbilt Plaza and Hotel Indigo. All are within about 1-2 miles of Centennial Park.

Pretty much anything with "Vanderbilt" in the name is going to be close to the start and safe.

Also, April in Nashville is very screwy. A few years ago, it was near freezing...and last year (or this year, I can't remember), there were people having heat exhaustion.

Run, Noob! Run! - My Blog.

Follow me on Twitter: @RunNoobRun

C25K Week: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...