Skip navigation

3103 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2007 3:15 PM by MyTwoSons RSS
HenrysBaseballClub Legend 255 posts since
May 30, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 28, 2007 9:11 AM

LETS TRY TO VOTE TO SEE WHO WILL WIN THE SERIES!!!

Vote yes if you want the Red Sox to win. Vote no if you want Cleveland Indians to win. This is not a hard question. Read it over if you do not understand. This is also the time of the year to start working out for next season. I say run 5 miles a day and do weightligting every other day for 2 hrs. I mean 2 hrs of weight lifting not talking tarsh with your pals at the gym. Make the muscles burn,full range of motion. COMMERCIAL PHONE NUMBER DELETED swing a weighted bat 1 hr per day. Will bring up the bat speed and you will hit the ball 50 feet further in the spring.

Message was edited by: MyTwoSons phone number for commercial purposes deleted and ALL CAPS edited to sentence case

• MyTwoSons Community Moderator 225 posts since
    May 30, 2007

I don't care if the Red Sox or Indians win. I just want key players from both teams to do well because I have rare versions of their rookie cards and autographs.

There have been studies that showed that swinging an overweight bat will not increase bat speed. It will make you stronger, but not faster. One study suggested using an underweight bat may increase the swing speed. Personally, I believe learning and practicing proper mechanics is more important.

• MyTwoSons Community Moderator 225 posts since
    May 30, 2007

I know who  Carl Yastrzemski is.  I know enough about him to show him respect by spelling his name correctly.  I have an autograph of him too.  IF you read what I posted you will see that I wrote:

MyTwoSons wrote:

There have been studies that showed that swinging an overweight bat will not increase bat speed. It will make you stronger, but not faster. One study suggested using an underweight bat may increase the swing speed. Personally, I believe learning and practicing proper mechanics is more important.

I didn't produce those studies.  A researcher in Hawaii and doctors and researchers at the American Sports Medicine Institute (ASMI) made those studies.  How do you know that Carl did not already have the bat speed and only increased his strength to better drive the ball?  I probably know more about coaching than you do.  FYI, my model for hitting mechanics is Ted Williams.  I think he gave Yaz some pointers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points