Skip navigation

1827 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2009 12:50 PM by scobbeagle55 RSS
wolverineandrew Rookie 2 posts since
Nov 13, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 20, 2009 10:07 PM

Advise on where to begin!

so i went through high school never really played basketball then moved out and got really into it and taught my self how to play while i was in college. i have done about a year and a half of college and im getting pretty good at ball. but i dont know where to begin to get my self some where, i dont think im quite there enough to try out for a college team yet but i think if under some coaching and some more experience i might be able to be a contributer on a college team. i live in utah. can some one please give me some advise

• Hoop4lLife Rookie 3 posts since
    Dec 22, 2009
    1. Dec 22, 2009 2:18 PM (in response to wolverineandrew)
    Re: Advise on where to begin!

You have to test yourself as much as possible. Find the most competitive games in your area and play. Find out where the players on the college closest to you play and pick up a run. The only way you're going to know how good you are is to measure yourself against quality players. That's your first step. That'll tell you what the next step should be. Basketball on the college level is a step up from real good pick up and division 1 ball is serious. Whatever skill you don't do well is the one you need to work on the most.

Good luck!

• scobbeagle55 Amateur 19 posts since
    Dec 20, 2009
    2. Dec 26, 2009 12:50 PM (in response to wolverineandrew)
    Re: Advise on where to begin!

Practice as much as possible and then tryout. If you need extra one on one help, get a trainer. They will evaluate your skill and try to help you improve.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points