Skip navigation

6323 Views 50 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 11:28 AM by davecamire RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • mklique Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 26, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Jan 3, 2010 4:45 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Lowell 1st Run Reviews

Very well put together race.  I just wish there was a bit more seating inside the elks.

• terkins Rookie 3 posts since
    May 27, 2009
    31. Jan 3, 2010 5:27 AM (in response to Guest )

Loved the New Year's Day race-enjoyed running the 5k right after the holidays; haven't done a New Year's Day race in a while and when I saw this one I registered immediately.  Love the finishers' medal, heat blanket, baggage check, numbers, T-shirt was nice-but unfortunately did not receive one being a late registrant---look forward to it next year.   Thankful for the volunteers along the course and keeping the streets clear of ice/snow.   Post-race food and band were good.  Thankful for the race director too with the emails leading up to the race and post-race emails!  Will definitely back back from the 2nd Running of the Lowell 5k/10k race! 

Terry

• Dave L Hall Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 4, 2009
    32. Jan 3, 2010 5:36 AM (in response to Guest )

Very well organized and traffic control was excellent.

Nice flat course and with lots of post events to satisfy runners.

I agree with others that 2 loops are a mental challenge and I

could never do the 10k seeing the 5k finish line. But I did the 5k

and enjoyed the course. Thanks!

• Gamboa_Jersey Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 6, 2009
    33. Jan 3, 2010 7:12 AM (in response to Guest )

well organized race.  tech shirt and hat was a nice incentive for signing up early.  website although primitive was to the point and had all the necessary information.  would run this race again.  keeps one motivated during the binge eating and drinking of the  holidays.  thanks to the organizers and volunteers!!! nice job!

• bcushman Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 5, 2009
    34. Jan 3, 2010 7:54 AM (in response to Guest )

Well organized, better than expected course, and fun post race atmosphere.  Couldn't ask for much more to start the new year.  I actually enjoyed the fact the 10K was two loops.

• JayRPowell Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 13, 2008
    35. Jan 3, 2010 8:43 AM (in response to Guest )

Great way to start out the new year. The race was very well organized, volunteers clearly visible throughout the entire course, and a fantastic post-race party. Looking forward to running it next year! Thank You!

• deez4boyz Expert 65 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    36. Jan 3, 2010 8:45 AM (in response to Guest )

great way to start the New Year!!  I signed up early thinking it would be nice to stay in the area instead of driving to the Hangover Classic in Salisbury like i've done the past 2 years and I am so glad i did!!  The hat, shirt and medal were great and i especially love the pink bubbly on the medal!!  Volunteers, bag check and food were all wonderful!!

Definitely a do again race!!

• mjzdoc Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 3, 2007
    37. Jan 3, 2010 10:17 AM (in response to Guest )

This was a great event ! The amount of planning and attention to detail, not to mention the great swag, was extraordinary for a first-time event.  The race went off on time, a clearly marked copurse (although the 10 K was 6.31 miles as per my garmin, and a bit longer according to some other GPS devices), and speedy results.  The weather gods must have taken note and smiled down upon us.  Nice T shirts, hats, medals and plaques.

Only tiny gripe was no vegetarian option to eat afterwards (you'd think they'd at least offer some pasta without chicken ).  Oh well, 4 bars and a beer or two make a great post race meal.

• karahaas Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 8, 2007
    38. Jan 3, 2010 5:00 PM (in response to Guest )

FANTASTIC event - especially for a 1st year race!!! Very enjoyable - great shirt, hat, course, volunteers were very plentiful as well.  Congrats on a job well done!

• LJB68 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 4, 2010
    39. Jan 4, 2010 8:05 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first 5K run, and I loved it. This event was very well organized and I was very impressed. My 4 year old daughter loved the medal, she was glad I got it for her! I would definitely participate in this race again next year. Maybe the 10K......Hmmmm....good goal to set for myself!!!!

• solesacrifice Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 23, 2009
    40. Jan 4, 2010 8:05 AM (in response to Guest )

very well organized- Quality shirt- plenty of volunteers- parking was plentiful-the part of the course along the river was great. My wife ran the 5K I ran the 10K we plan on doing this again next year.

• halfat44 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 4, 2010
    41. Jan 4, 2010 12:10 PM (in response to Guest )

Loved the event!!! Great shirts, but wished they had kid's sizes. 9 members of my family ran the race and we had a great time. Well organized, plenty of parking, and good food and entertainment. Definitely plan on doing it again next year.

• Paul Hadley Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 15, 2008
    42. Jan 4, 2010 3:22 PM (in response to Guest )

Excellent race. Well organized. Nice shirts, good food, good band and plenty of parking. Loved the email notifications before and after the race. I'll be there next year.

• Run4Choc0late Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 20, 2009
    43. Jan 4, 2010 4:32 PM (in response to Guest )

It was a tremendously well run event. I'm being repetitious, but I was extremely satisfied with the email notifications, tech shirt, parking. Not able to comment on food and band. Needed to be back home in RI for a New Year's Day family dinner. Would love to come back to run the 10K (I did the 5K).

• JFitz59 Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 31, 2007
    44. Jan 4, 2010 7:34 PM (in response to Guest )

Excellent race! For a first time event, this was very well organized. Baggage check was a nice addition, given the distance to parking. Course was very good. Post race food was excellent. I plan to return next year. Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...