Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

22979 Views 228 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2010 5:30 AM by EHare 1 2 3 ... 16 Previous Next
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 28, 2009 8:20 AM

CCC Reviews

Share your experiences with the CCC below Back to event details page.

• scolainsola Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 29, 2007
    1. Dec 28, 2009 8:20 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: CCC Reviews

Great run through historic NOLA.

• dstromain Rookie 5 posts since
    Oct 26, 2007
    2. Dec 31, 2009 7:02 AM (in response to Guest )

The best part of this run is the crowd.  The energy along the way really gets you going!

• Marta_Lyle Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 11, 2008
    3. Jan 26, 2010 4:53 PM (in response to Guest )

This will be my third year.  The weather has cooperated wonderfully and the group is great.  Great sights and wonderful people to cheer along the route.  Would not dream of missing it.  Ya'll come!

• van712 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 8, 2010
    4. Mar 8, 2010 6:21 AM (in response to Guest )

Fun run with costumes, fun crowd...If you take the shuttle from City Park, be sure to bring a few dollars in cash. It costs a few dollars extra (not included in the registration), and you wouldn't want to miss the race because you didn't have your wallet with a few bucks in it for the shuttle.

• Janie Richart Lieb Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 21, 2009
    5. Mar 31, 2010 3:29 PM (in response to Guest )

Active is not acknowledging that I registered Feb 9. My bank acct shows the amount taken out for the race. I have not received anything in the mail either. Am I going to be able to pick up my race numbers without confirmation. I'm sure I printed a copy back in Feb. but don't know if I can find it. 3 days to go, kinda concerned

• dstromain Rookie 5 posts since
    Oct 26, 2007
    6. Mar 31, 2010 3:40 PM (in response to Janie Richart Lieb)

If you are on facebook there is a group there called Crescent City Classic and a person online who is answering questions about the race.

I would suggest calling the number at the website of www.ccc10k.com and get someone to help you.  Good luck !

• GhostFace12 Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 15, 2009
    7. Apr 4, 2010 10:50 AM (in response to Guest )

The start of the race needs to be better regulated. Too many walkers and joggers are in front of the runners. I bet many people lost a minute or two from their time due to trying to dodge and scamper around slower people in front. And the quality of the shirts are horrible. I along with many would be willing to pay more for a more comfortable (vintage soft) material. Other than that the race was pleasant.

• eyeoftgr Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 4, 2010
    8. Apr 4, 2010 11:01 AM (in response to Guest )

2 issues -

1. major lack of portolets. more needed at start and only saw 2 stops where they had 4 on rampart and only 2 more at on stop on esplanade.  24,000 runners and only 6 portolets on the route?? NOT ACCEPTABLE.

2. saftey - way too many folks walking LINED UP AT THE FRONT OF THE RACE, including folks pushing strollers or pulling wagons. they put both themselves and their children at RISK. also, too many walkers jumping in the race 1 block past the start line and stepping right in front of runners.

instead of seeing how many parking tickets the CITY can write at the end of the race, they should be working crowd control at the beginning.

good event , but could be GREAT if they get their act together with CITY HALL.

• Gabbyla Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 7, 2009
    9. Apr 4, 2010 11:17 AM (in response to Guest )

Some suggestions for next year:  Need more portolets!  I ran for what seemed miles before I spotted a couple.  Also, some way to restrict walkers from joing in the front of the race...they really should be sectioned off and released after the runners. There were so many in the first 2 miles, it was very frustrating.  Another troublesome issue were men and women pushing strollers.  I was almost taken out by one.  I mean, really, is this (thousands of people running) a place for strollers?  And finally, mile markers at every mile would have been nice.  If there were any, I never saw them.

End of race party/refreshments were great.  We all had a great time after! I'll be back next year.

• shsulax14 Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 24, 2007
    10. Apr 4, 2010 11:21 AM (in response to Guest )

Agree that the race needs to be better organized, walkers need to start at the back!  Major issue with parking at least a thousand people including me got a ticket because of inadequate parking, so the race costs $25 for the entry fee and $75 to park on the median.  Many upset people about the logistics of the race..

• christy chauvin Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 26, 2008
    11. Apr 4, 2010 11:22 AM (in response to Guest )

Race registration should have information on where to park and the shuttle bus cost.  Fun race but other posters are right--stay in the back if you are not running for time.  Enjoyed the race but was sorry that so many out of town folks were not warned about the parking tickets this year.  Many told me they had no idea that things had changed from prior years. 

• Mandles Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 4, 2010
    12. Apr 4, 2010 11:23 AM (in response to Guest )

This race was a bit of a disappointment from the beginning. My room for the Sheraton was extremely dirty; there were wrappers and food under the beds, toothpaste on the mirror in the bathroom and hairs in the bathtub. The packet pickup was so disorganized. I didn't understand why there were three separate lines. Why couldn't the shirts, bib, and chips be picked up in one place, like every other race I've participated in? The start of the race should have been staggered, because I ran almost the whole time and passed up walkers til the very end. I feel as though some kind of refreshment other than water should have been offered at the stations. The refreshment area after the race was ridiculous. It was too small for all 30,000 people. I couldn't even get to the food it was so packed. I also feel sorry for all the people who were ticketed for parking. Couldn't something have been worked out with the city? Aside from the beautiful scenery, this race was the worst overall that I've participated in. I can't believe that this was the 32nd year, and it was this disorganized. I don't think I'll be back again next year

• courtneyhaggerty@yahoo.co Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 28, 2008
    13. Apr 4, 2010 11:23 AM (in response to Guest )

I've done this race for 18 years and it has always been the best!  But what happened this year?

-4 toilets during the race? rediculous

-please put the toilets directly at the end.  to hold it for 6.2 miles and then to have    to hunt for them at the end is insane. 

-32 years and you don't know how much beer and food to have?  What the heck happened?  Rediculous

-Tickets at the end? Do you not want people to come back?  We have always parked there... why now?  The city is really taking advantage of the people in this race.

We are so disappointed in this year. 

• courtneyhaggerty@yahoo.co Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 28, 2008
    14. Apr 4, 2010 11:23 AM (in response to Guest )

I've done this race for 18 years and it has always been the best!  But what happened this year?

-4 toilets during the race? rediculous

-please put the toilets directly at the end.  to hold it for 6.2 miles and then to have    to hunt for them at the end is insane. 

-32 years and you don't know how much beer and food to have?  What the heck happened?  Rediculous

-Tickets at the end? Do you not want people to come back?  We have always parked there... why now?  The city is really taking advantage of the people in this race.

We are so disappointed in this year. 

1 2 3 ... 16 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...