Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

902 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2010 1:02 PM by biker01red RSS
biker01red Rookie 5 posts since
Jan 19, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 19, 2010 11:00 AM

Couch to 5K

Hi everyone, I am a 67 year old male, in good health. I just completed the second week of C to 5K. I am having a lot of pain in my knees. I have started taking Glucosamine hoping that will help. Anyone else experience this ?  Anyone have suggestions ? I am not sure what to do, continue and put up with the pain or not...

Ten years ago I was running 5 miles each day, 5 days a week. I guess I just got burned out and stopped... After getting out of shape and gaining weight, I am trying to get back to a routine...

• Dariasblog Amateur 10 posts since
    Jan 19, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 19, 2010 11:33 AM (in response to biker01red)
    Re: Couch to 5K

I am also new in this running thing (starting the C25K tonight after work), but from what I have read - shoes are key.

Could you need new supportive inserts for your sneakers?  Were they purchased specifically for running?  I know that years ago, when I tried to start running, I used my beat up old Nikes and my ankles paid for it.  This time, I actually went out and got running shoes and some inserts that were a little firmer than what had been originally used in the sneakers.  They are more shock-absorbant too, which is important for me and my weight.

Just my two cents.  I'm certain that other people on here will have more insight..  In the meantime, congrats on week two!!!  =)

~ Daria

Feel free to check out my blog

One Pound Too Many

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points