Skip navigation

1155 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 24, 2010 4:46 AM by iAthletes RSS
kanaan09 Rookie 2 posts since
Jan 19, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 23, 2010 8:05 AM

Getting Sloppy...

I've been living overseas and this is my second year. Before, I lived in Houston and it really improved my aggression and overall play. But in the past few year I've been playing sloppy so my dad says? My aggression has decreased because of the sudden drop in competition. He says when AAU season starts this summer, I'm going to get beat up by good teams. How do i keep my intensity and aggression up no matter who I play? I don't want to get lazy and create bad habits. (I am a guard so examples in that position please)

• iAthletes Legend 429 posts since
    Jan 7, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 24, 2010 4:46 AM (in response to kanaan09)
    Re: Getting Sloppy...

Unfortunately we become products of our environment and or 'creatures of habit' - So the question is how do you regain your killer instinct? By aggression do you mean taking the ball to the rim hard, getting 'and1's' and play physical on 'd'?

I am sure your off-season training has suffered some too right? I think this is where we start, because when you train and practice with aggression you play like it and plus gain a lot more confidence along the way.

Another thing is that being on the proper, systematic basketball regime cleans up the sloppy-ness as well.

If you're still in season right now, next game try something unusual that you normally don't do in your game. For instance, if you're comfortable doing a left to right cross over when coming off a ball-screen to shoot a pull up dribble, try a in-out move and head to the rim to draw a foul.

Actually, shoot me an email: dannym@innovativeathletes.com and we can continue to discuss this if you want, and I can get you some new workouts for the off-season.

I look forward to working for you.

Danny

Founder of the worlds first ever online basketball camp, 3-Point Academy

Our home website; Innovative Athletes

Email: dannym@innovativeathletes.com

Follow iAthletes on Twitter

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points