Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1259 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2010 10:19 AM by bellsway RSS
zebUSCG Expert 38 posts since
Nov 28, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 7, 2010 6:38 AM

Going to the Doc’s for swelling in my leg… questions…

Hi, ultimately decided to succumb to myself and go to the doctors. Ran a marathon six weeks ago, and a week later felt great. Went for a run that week, and a sharp pain was felt on the side of my right leg.  Ran through it, but decided to rest a week and the pain subsided. I have been running for about four times a week between an hour to hour and half. The pain was not bad if running on uneven surfaces felt the pain. Now where the pain was is really inflamed. I can move the leg, and so forth so nothing prohibiting movement just swollen. Really don’t want to go to the doctors due to fact that something it could be can put at risk the chance of me being able to enter the military. The fact is this is something don’t want to linger, and take care of it. Question has anyone had something similar described happen due to there running? Any idea what it could be? Thanks for any feedback.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...