Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

3427 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2007 4:45 PM by saraallent
saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
Oct 2, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 16, 2007 11:25 AM

London Superbowl?

A recent article from ESPN says NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is considering having the Superbowl in London in the future.  This came to a shock to me and I would be very disappointed if Goodell did anything more than consider it. The article explains how Goodell feels the new Wembley stadium in London would be a great place to hold the Superbowl, especially considering the growing popularity of the NFL overseas. This idea is crazy to me! I've attached the article below and am curious to see how other people feel about this situation.

What are your thoughts about a London Superbowl?

ESPN

• blake daddy Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 22, 2007
    1. Oct 22, 2007 9:40 PM (in response to saraallent)
    Re: London Superbowl?

Sara couldn't agree with you more!  That is just plain and simple UNAMERICAN! It was tough enough for me to watch the Toronto Blue Jays win the world series.  Besides, superbowl sunday may interfere with their tea party.

• JBan Pro 83 posts since
    Oct 29, 2007
    3. Oct 29, 2007 9:40 PM (in response to saraallent)

The NFL is an American game...I appreciate the fan support outside, but it's bad enough to play a regular season game there, but I really would be disgusted with the league if they brought the superbowl to London. Seems like a slap in the face to all of us giving our support here, where the game started.

• Michael_Taylor Community Moderator 318 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    4. Nov 19, 2007 7:42 PM (in response to JBan)

It sounds like he is trying to get more support over there to reinvent the league over there. If there is all the interest that he ssays they wouldn't have folded the European league.

Michael S. Taylor

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...