Skip navigation

1141 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2010 1:05 PM by JNugBballer14
Duke Pryor Amateur 18 posts since
Oct 19, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 8, 2010 7:46 AM

What is the biggest issue in youth basketball? what can be done about it?

What is the biggest issue in youth basketball across america? What are some of the preventive things that can be done to help the sport?

• KierGate Amateur 21 posts since
    Jan 27, 2010

The fact that if you play for/against a younger, less skilled team, the ref doesnt pick up everything.

:)

• iAthletes Legend 429 posts since
    Jan 7, 2010

Skill Development which is the result of lack of good, genuine teaching. Too many players go through their careers with out being taught the proper fundamentals, technique and knowledge of the game.

iHoops is a good start to reverse the problem and start teaching valuable things, but you still need a global coaching workforce dedicated to youth skill development.

What do you think?

Danny

Founder of the worlds first ever online basketball camp, 3-Point Academy

Our home website; Innovative Athletes

Email: dannym@innovativeathletes.com

Follow iAthletes on Twitter

• JNugBballer14 Pro 101 posts since
    Feb 1, 2010

I think that some of the biggest issues are the refs and fundamentals. To tell you the truth i never really thought about, and i don't think that there is much to think about except horrible refs and bad fundamentals. More so the bad fundamentals. If you don't know how to play the game correctly, you shouldn't play on a team until you know how to play correctly. You should go to camps, clinics, and training sessions that provide excellent coaches who can teach you how the play the game THE RIGHT WAY. On the other hand, most refs these days aren't that good. I think something has to be done about that to, but i agree with iAthletes that fundamentals and playing the game the right way is the bigger or biggest issue.

"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better, and your better is best." ~Tim Duncan

* "Dare to be great." *

"Hard work, a positive attitude, confidence, and a smile are the keys to success."

Basketball is life....#14

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points