Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

107596 Views 569 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2010 11:40 PM by LemonaidLucy Go to original post 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 38 Previous Next
  • BowieLinda Pro 136 posts since
    Jul 8, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    495. Aug 14, 2010 7:03 PM (in response to torunagn)
    Re: Mighty Masters Continuing on from C25k...

Oh, torunagn, I feel so bad for you.  You ARE okay.  I think that the heat and humidity have very definite impact on our performance.  EVERY run is different and unique.  And you can have an off day, too.  If that off day coincides with an event run, well, it's no fun.  BUT, it doesn't mean that you aren't improving your conditioning, gaining experience, learning to hear your body talking, I think.

It sounds as though you are more active, than I am.  I don't ride, I don't have a bike and I haven't got anyone to buddy with around here to ride with.  It has been more years since I probably biked, than since I ran.  If *I* were to start bike riding, I'd be overtraining at this stage.  I'm only a couple of weeks out of C25K, of course.  So this may not be the case, for you.  Still, I think you have to respect if you are finding that you are pushing too hard, and maybe that's what's going on with your slower times.  (What do I know, I'm a beginner and here I am trying to tell you what's the deal!   Anyway, something to think about.

C25K Training begun (Treadmill) 6/1/10); restarted 7/11/12

First run OUTDOORS - Club Fun Run 1.75 mile circuit time 26:06:72 on 7/29/10

Proud C25K Grad, 8/7/10

College Park Cares 5K Sponsored by Vecna Technologies, Inc. 9/25/10 44:04.4

Fell off of the regular running routine, experienced the DC Derecho Disaster, and now aiming to get back on track!

Future:

Jug Bay Run for Wildlife 5K 11/3/12

• PaintingLady Legend 906 posts since
    Dec 12, 2009
    496. Aug 15, 2010 11:58 AM (in response to torunagn)

Torunagn, don't get discouraged....rather congratulate yourself on finishing the race. Lots of things affect one's time for a race, even if it is the same course.I'm sure your knee is hampering your range of motion too.

This morning I walked 5 miles in 1:14:55. It is the first time that I've even been able to walk more than 1.5 miles without a lot of hip pain. My daughter was really dreading her 6 mi run alone, so I told her I would walk, if she ran in the neighborhood and cheer her on when we passed each other. That motivated both of us. I'm behind schedule on my HM plan, but will do what I can, when I can.

I doubled up on the glucosamin chondritin and added vit C. The mobic didn't seem to help any more than the ibuprophen did, so last night I took 3 artritis tylenol. This morning was the first time that the first step out of bed didn't send pain through the body.

Torunagn, I can identify with the long stretching and icing. I spent extra time warming up and then extra time stretching after walk. Then iced and later took and epsom salt bath. Slathered on the icy hot cream and now am feeling good.

My plan is to run on the treadmill at the community center this week. It should lessen the jarring, and then next week hit the road again. Maybe by then we'll have a nice cool spell.

Bowielinda, keep up the good work and feel free to give advise. You have finished c25k and that in itself is way more than a vast majority of ppl have done.Now, if I can just learn to listen and heed the advise to not overdo!

Have a great day everyone. Happy running.
    Marie

Marie from Tennessee

Training for Disney 2013 Goofy Challenge.....Yes, I'm certifiably CRAZY!

61 year olds must be out of their minds to run a half marathon followed by a full the next day!

Disney Half Marathon 1/7/2012 2:37:59

Bear Hunt 5K 9/24/11 28:28 pb

Trojan Trek Trail 5K 8/6/11 31:45

Expo 10K 5/28/11 1:01:28,

Expo 10K 5/26/12 1:05:39

Eastman 10K 9/8/2012 1:01:11 pb

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1

• Jasmine1972 Legend 927 posts since
    Sep 24, 2009
    497. Aug 15, 2010 12:13 PM (in response to torunagn)

torunagn- Don't feel discouraged! I had a 5K yesterday also.  If it had been a "normal" day, I had hoped to finish w a new PR around 37:30 - at least that's where my "pace improvement strategy" tells me where I should have gotten too since my last 5K PR in May at 40:18.  But it was hot and humid, and a lot hillier than the last time, and I finished in 40:47 - 30 sec slower than May.  What a bummer!  But the good news is that it is 22 mins faster than when I did it one year ago (my first race in 20 yrs), when I was 55 # heavier than today.  So there is progress.

This was the first time that I wore a heart rate monitor during a race.  When I ran long and slow during training, I was averaging 148 bpm.  But during the race I averaged 168, near the top of zone 4, and near max during the final sprint.  So, given the conditons (and my conditioning??) I don't think I could have pushed too much harder without potential injury or heat stress. I understand that heat & humidity just by themselves elevate your HR while running. I will just look forward to cooler days and better training efforts w my HRM.

Linda- congrats on your outdoor run and C25K graduation!!  Looks like your pace is similar to mine - and you are a new grad! I hope nice easy runs outside are in your future as you build to 3 miles or more.

Marie - good to hear from you and glad that you are out walking again.  Great- another person who walks as fast as I run! Oh well.  I take smaller doses of glucosamin chondritin, just as a preventative, because I'm lucky enough to not have any problems so far.  Occassionally I'll use Motrin before a hard or long run, to help out.  Which HM are you planning to do (& when)? I'm on the HM training track right now.

Jo Ann C

Started Walking 7/15/09 Weight = 265#; C25K Grad 11/6/09

8/30/09 5K (62:42) 262# 10/2/10 5K (37:44) 206# 3/26/11 5K (36:42) PR 202#

6/19/10 10K (83:47) 208# 3/6/11 UAH 10K (79:18) 200#

6/27/10 IronGirl, Atlanta Tri S 1/3m/B 18m/R 3m (2:42:10) 207#; 5/15/11 - (2:34:08 200)#

9/25/10 Women's HM, Nashville (3:27:10) 209#, 11/13/10 Huntsville HM (3:17:27) 203#

2/13/11 Mercedes HM, B'ham (3:02:02) 203#; 3/19/11 Rocket 10mi (2:13:37) PR

4/30/11 RnR HM Nashville (3:10:12); 5/15/11 5/30/11 Cotton Row 10K (84:36) ;

6/11/11 Mt. Mania 15K (2:17:12); 7/16/11 Wet Dog Tri (98:56);

8/13/11 Mtn Lakes Tri; (2:13:32); 8/28 Rocketman Oly Tri; 9/10 Frantic Frog Tri (1:52:35)

9/24/11 Womens HM (2:54:28) 195# PR; 10/1 Toray 5K (35:35 PR);

10/15/11 Liz Hurley 5K (36:24); 10/22 Book-it 10K (74:51 PR) 197#;
    11/12/11 Huntsville HM - Target 2:50

• torunagn Legend 325 posts since
    Mar 21, 2010
    498. Aug 15, 2010 5:42 PM (in response to PaintingLady)

BowieLinda, Marie and Jo Ann - thank you all for your kind words of encouragement.

BowieLinda - Anyone who runs has something to offer because we all have different experiences to draw on, so whether you are a new runner or an experienced runner doesn't matter.  You are right, I feel like my conditioning is improving.  I feel stronger when I run (or bike) than I did a few months ago.  I guess I just want to see the numbers get better.  I returned to biking about 3 years ago after not riding since high school.  I am 59, so that was a lot of years ago.  We have some great recreational trails in our area, so that mostly keeps me off the roads and out of traffic.

Marie - You are absolutely correct about range of motion in the knee.  I cannot fully straighten it, so my push off with that leg when running is not as effective. The physical therapist I worked with after my surgery really encourages bicyling for knees, as it is non-impact and encourages full range of motion.  I often think of how positive you have been in dealing with the arthritis in your hip, and how you are so appeciative of what you can do.  Thank you for that.  I am glad that you were able to get out for a good long walk, and what a creative solution for both you and your daughter, so that you feel like you are not out there going it alone.  Treadmill sounds like a good idea for getting back to running again.  As another step before running on pavement again, you might want to consider a local high school track if it is made of a rubber compound.  However, be very careful not to do too many laps in the same direction as that can cause its own set of problems since the inside leg takes more of the impact (trust me on this).

Jo Ann - Knocking 22 minutes off your 5K time is a dramatic change.  Congratulations!  Our weather yesterday was significantly cooler than it's been lately (around 78), but the humidity was still very high, and not much in the way of a breeze (although no breeze is better than a head wind).  The course was amazingly flat, with only a 74 foot elevation change over the entire course (what a treat).  I wear my heart rate monitor to races, but I don't run by it.  I don't know very much about how to get the most out of training according to HR, but I have also heard that heat and humidity are likely to raise a person's HR.  I think, for me, the race environment also raises my heart rate.  Normally my average HR when I do a 3 mile run is in the 145-155 range, and my max is around 165.  Yesterday, my average was 166 with a max of 174, which is probably more than a little high for my age.

Wishing everyone some cooler weather.

C25K Completed 05/05/10

2011 Races: 5K - 1/16/11 - 33:40; 5K - 1/30/11 - 32:02; 2/12/11 - 5 Mile - 58:07; 2/27/11 - 5K - 32:54; 3/19/11 - 5K - 32:29

2010 Races: 5K - 12/31/10 - 32:53; 5K - 11/28/10 - 32:19; 5K - 8/14/10 - 32:57; 4 Mile - 7/4/10 - 44:58; 5K - 6/23/10 - 33:28; 5K - 6/5/10 - 33:12

• susanbarron Legend 390 posts since
    Oct 22, 2009
    499. Aug 20, 2010 7:07 AM (in response to torunagn)

Missing everyone's posts...hoping everyone is running and to busy to post! This is a completely selfish post I NEED MOTIVATION HELP!!!!!!!!! Can't seem to get the enthusiasm back...I've been trying to run 5k a few times a week to just keep going but having a very hard time motivating myself to get out there. I signed up for a 5k this weekend but haven't run since last weekend so hopefully will do ok. I plan on starting a half training program when I get home next month hoping that a "formal" program will help with motivation factor and get my mileage back up. I was asked to do a relay leg of the California International Marathon in December and since this is a local race for me I jumped on the opportunity but already worrying about letting anyone down because I can't seem to drag my butt out on the road!

Has anyone experienced this? It seems to have started after doing the half,hurting my hip....kind of a huge "let down" after san diego.....Any suggestions...butt kicking....appreciated!

October 2009- Started Couch to 5k

November 2009- Folsom Turkey Trot 5k (W5D3 C25k)

December 28,2009- finished Couch to 5k

January 2010- Run for you Health 5k

April 2010- Zoo Zoom 10k

June 2010- San Diego Rock n Roll half Marathon

November 2010- Folsom Turkey Trot 5k

April 2011- 4 mile Legal Aide Society Run

upcoming: September 17th 5k Run to Break the Silence

• RobinfromMaine Pro 162 posts since
    Dec 6, 2008
    500. Aug 21, 2010 7:41 AM (in response to susanbarron)

susanbarron, what keeps me motivated is to remember my goals:  I like the feeling of fitness that I have from running, but even more I like the feeling I get out in the open air,  when I'm warmed up and jogging along and feel as if I could keep going forever.

I don't plan from race to race, because it's really tricky trying to coordinate races with my schedule, and I also don't want to drive much in order to get to a race. So I run from my house, almost always after breakfast, faster or slower depending on how I feel, when I have to be at work, what the weather is like, and whether I'm aiming for a long run. I usually look forward to the long runs because I go much slower, and they feel easier (although last weekend I did a long run on Sunday after a relatively intense short run on Saturday, and my legs felt like lead the whole nine miles -- I really plodded).

I think I've learned something about injury. When I started running, one of my goals was not to have pain (as in, it's OK to feel tired, sore, or that I'm working, but I don't want to suffer), and if I thought about injury I was worrying about twisting an ankle, or tripping and falling on my face. Actually I still do think about that, but my injury was an overuse injury, and when I finally was able to run after eleven weeks where I couldn't, I was very nervous of every twinge. I am finally feeling that I'm sorting out what is OK soreness or stiffness or cramping vs. the pain that says "STOP" (and recalling that when I first started running that I was often pretty sore). I expect that I'll learn some more from whatever my next injury is, but in the meantime I'm trying to be intelligent, and not push myself too hard, too often.

Since my usual running is pretty monotonous -- same routes, similar times -- I don't feel as if I have too much to post about, but I read every message and send out encouragement, applause, empathy, and healing vibes to my fellow runners. This morning, though, I actually have something to post about, as I ran my second 5K. The first was a trail run, but this was a road race, which was very compatible with my usual runs; I had never run this route, but I was familiar

with the terrain and the route from driving. There was a  pretty long up hill section, but I am also pretty used to hills.  It was also ideal weather, low 60s, sunny and dry at the start, mid-higher 60s at the finish. I think that there were 46 runners altogether, so a relatively small field, and I finished second in the 50-59 yo F age group, 29th over all, with an official time of 27:35. If I'm doing my calculations correctly (and I'm not at all sure that I am ), that would be just under 9 minutes per mile. My goal was to finish under 30 minutes, so I was pretty pleased.

Robin

• debwro Expert 59 posts since
    Feb 11, 2010
    501. Aug 21, 2010 8:50 AM (in response to RobinfromMaine)

Awesome job Robin!!  I did a 5K this morning and had my best time in 6 months--27:40.  And you are right about the pace--it is about an 8:50 mile.  I will be gald to have 60's to run in but it will be a couple of months from now and I am not complaining.  I said in March that if the temps ever reached the 70's I wouldn't complain about the heat and so far I haven't even though it has been in the mid ninetys since late April.  Even at 6:00 a.m. it is already 80 degrees but if Washington, DC is hot on Oct. 31 when I run the marathon I will be ready!!!

Susanbarron, sometimes we really have to dig deep to find motivation.  Basically I run for me and have to do it my way.  Sometimes it means running with friends and sometimes running by my self.  Most of my running friends run about 5 a.m. which is not my thing--I am more of a mid morning runner.  Whenever I feel like I could easily talk myself out of doing a run I make sure I arrange to meet someone for the next run.  Sometimes it means you have been working hard and need a break.  For me, I need a goal or I start skipping runs which is why I always look ahead for the next race.  And because I felt the need to run something fun, my friends and I put together a team for Ragnar--Miami to Key West.  So don't push too hard take a few days or even a few weeks if needed and mix in walking.  You will be back in the swing of things before you know it!

By the way, I placed third in my age group for the 4 part 5K series.  For some reason the times in my age group were faster than the times in the 40-44, 45-49, and 50-54 group.  I think my age group must rock!!!  The first place winner in female 75-79 finish all 4 5K's with her times going between 56 and 57 minutes and she was 79 years old!  I just hope I can do a 5K when I am 79 even at 57 minutes--think how awesome that would be!!

• PaintingLady Legend 906 posts since
    Dec 12, 2009
    502. Aug 22, 2010 12:16 PM (in response to debwro)

Woo Hoo Deb & Robin. You ladies are smokin!  Congrats to both of you.

Susan, sorry to hear your mojo has taken a siesta. Don't worry, you will get it back. Take a few days to reflect and rest and you will do fine. If not, then "make" yourself get out for an easy enjoyable run and the bug will bite.

I've had 2 hip injuries since (different hip each time) I finished C25K in Feb. of this year. Those injuries waylaid me for 4+ weeks each. I finally concluded  that it was due to poor form exacerbated when mileage started to go up or when I pushed speed. Now, I am far from being a distance queen, nor am I a speed demon, quite the opposite. I was prone to land on the balls of my feet with feet extended in front of the body. So after reading Jeff Galloway and Chi Running book, decided to start working on form. Today I did run/walk 3/1 ratio for 5 miles. Both seem to advocate the same thing, just in different terminology: body alignment, hips tucked in, torso erect. When done correctly, the bounce is eliminated, but I have to admit, it was hard as heck to change the spots on this old leopard. The main thing was that I was able to cover the distance without my hip hurting (except when I reverted to poor form). Surprisingly, my heart rate was very high at the end of each 3 minute run. Normally, I've not taken walk breaks, so this surprised me. I figure part of it is due to not running much lately due to injury (did 2 runs this week 30 min each continuous) inability to relax . Yes, I know, both methods talk about relaxing" but how can you do that when you have soooooo many things to think about) .  Posture, glide, relax, eyes on horizon, don't bounce, watch foot placement, arms swinging like pendulums, push off with back foot, avoid choppy stride....  oh heck, and I thought I was runnning.  I think I could walk faster than what my run was.  So why was my heart beating out of my chest?!

Anyhow, I plan to really concentrate on form this week. Even if I have to do 1 min run, 1 min walk or what ever to keep it  correct. I want to make this "effortless" or is that one of the 10 biggest lies??? At least, I want to be able to run, injury free.

Marie from Tennessee

Training for Disney 2013 Goofy Challenge.....Yes, I'm certifiably CRAZY!

61 year olds must be out of their minds to run a half marathon followed by a full the next day!

Disney Half Marathon 1/7/2012 2:37:59

Bear Hunt 5K 9/24/11 28:28 pb

Trojan Trek Trail 5K 8/6/11 31:45

Expo 10K 5/28/11 1:01:28,

Expo 10K 5/26/12 1:05:39

Eastman 10K 9/8/2012 1:01:11 pb

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1

• izzy74 Pro 69 posts since
    May 25, 2010
    503. Aug 22, 2010 4:18 PM (in response to PaintingLady)

Hi,

I finished C25K 2 weeks ago and have been concentrating on increasing my time, and speed over the last few runs. I ran 38 mins yesterday but I think I am floundering a bit at the moment.

I have been reading your posts looking for a bit of direction and was wondering what plans you are following (if you are following one). You are all doing so well and are an inspiration.  I think I found c25k so interesting and acheivable as there was a definate plan for all the runs and maybe that's what I need again.  I know there are a lot of different plans out there but I am just not sure what it for me. I am a bit scared of going right back to intervals of run/walk 5 mins etc as I think I am afraid I will loose the ability to run for a long period. You all seem to have kept up your running and improved so I would really appeciate hearing what has worked for you. Thanks.

Izzie

• jspencer91 Expert 52 posts since
    Apr 13, 2010
    504. Aug 22, 2010 5:34 PM (in response to disneygal2)

I haven't been posting, but I have been running.  I'm signed up for a half marathon in less than 2 months.  Today was a 7 mile run - my first ever run in the rain.  And my pace was faster than the 5 & 6 milers of the last month.

izzy - 2 things worked for me to keep going, and push myself more.

First, I needed clear cut goals.  I made a goal to run for a continuous hour.  Then, after I did that, I made a goal to run a half marathon.  I've discovered over the last 8 months that vague goals like - exercise more often, lose weight - don't work for me.  But specific goals do.

Second, to get to running much longer, I went back to the basics of the C25K after I finished.  I did 4 ten minute runs, separated by a minute walk for a week.  Then 3 15 minute runs, then 3x17, 3x18, etc.  For me, that got me running longer than 30 minutes pretty quickly, and it was only 6 weeks from the end of C25K to where I ran for 60 minutes.

Graduate of C25K - 4/22/2010

http://jspencer91.wordpress.com/

Races:

19th Annual Foot Health 5K - May 1st, 2010 - 31:45

Windham Rail Trail 5K - June 13th, 2010 - 27:46

Leaf Peeper 10K - Octover 10, 2010- 58:41

Lowell Sun Half Marathon - October 17th, 2010 - 2:10:33

• debwro Expert 59 posts since
    Feb 11, 2010
    505. Aug 22, 2010 5:56 PM (in response to izzy74)

Izzy, I also need a definite goal to train for or else my runs seem to go no where.  I'll skip a run here and there and avoid the hard stuff like a route with a hill or I will cut my distance short.  I always have a race in mind to do even when I am in recovery from a half or full marathon,  I used to find a training plan for the distance I wanted to do and usually used Hal Higdon's plans.  Now my daughter is a running coach and she personalizes my training plans complete with paces for different distances of runs as well as speed work and hill work.  She also makes me take time off and insists on an off-season in the spring during which I simply do maintanence runs (3-5 milers 3-4 times a week).  Personally I think before you look for a plan you need to set some goals and they don't have to involve races.  You might look for a running club in your area to help you with training.  The Runner's Club in my town is awesome and there are so many people with so much knowledge to share.

• BowieLinda Pro 136 posts since
    Jul 8, 2010
    506. Aug 22, 2010 6:20 PM (in response to izzy74)

Hi Izzy,

Congratulations on completing C25K!!  Nice job!

I am a slow runner, and when I finished that program, still was not ready to immediately go for a 5K run.  So I am working on increasing my speed and endurance.  I'm not using a particular program (and maybe that is a mistake on my part), but I am using the Workout Training tools here on the site, to gauge my runs.  Basically I run on the same kind of schedule as for C25K, 3 or sometimes 4 runs a week, and I'm trying to include as many club runs or workouts as I can.  My local club is pretty good and active, and they have a schedule of different workouts on different days or evenings in the week right now.  I'm working my courage up to be their newest and slowest group member

Since you said you liked the structure and the formality of the C25K, I would definitely choose from one of the set training plans out there -- I've already seen them in a couple of books, and then there are some available through the "Resources" area of this site, as well as at least Runner's World plans and a few others.  Or use one of these and modify it according to your own lights and ideas from more experienced folks.  I think that if you watch your progress, it will tell you whether what you decide to do is working, or needs to be changed.

You could also find a coach, of course!  I know that when I was weight-training more, I worked with a personal trainer and that made a heckuva lot of good difference for me!

Linda

C25K Training begun (Treadmill) 6/1/10); restarted 7/11/12

First run OUTDOORS - Club Fun Run 1.75 mile circuit time 26:06:72 on 7/29/10

Proud C25K Grad, 8/7/10

College Park Cares 5K Sponsored by Vecna Technologies, Inc. 9/25/10 44:04.4

Fell off of the regular running routine, experienced the DC Derecho Disaster, and now aiming to get back on track!

Future:

Jug Bay Run for Wildlife 5K 11/3/12

• torunagn Legend 325 posts since
    Mar 21, 2010
    507. Aug 22, 2010 7:38 PM (in response to BowieLinda)

Susanbarron - In my opinion an injury can be very demotivating.  It is so easy to get out of the habit of running, or any other exercise.  While we are recovering, we find other things to fill out time.  I have also experienced and read about the let down after a big event.  Apparently that is not uncommon.  All those months of planning and training, and the adrenalin rush of your race, and then you need to recover (and that is part of it, even if you are not injured), and then, nothing.  So you were hit with a double - the need to recover from an injury, and the post-race let-down.  I can see where you are finding it hard to get motivated, but you have done the right thing by starting to plan for another race.  Here's a link to an article in Runners World that addresses the post-race let-down.  There are many other articles out there, also.  http://www.runnersworld.com/marathon/article-after_the_marathon.html.

Robin - sounds like you have learned a lot about listening to your body and being able to differentiate normal soreness from the pain of an injury.  Nice job on your 5K.  Great finish time and pace and congratulations on placing in your division.  You mentioned that there were about 46 runners.  How do you like the smaller races?  Do they have the same energy as a race with a lot of participants?

Debwro - you are right about goals.  Right now, I have no running plan that I am following, or target races, or goals for myself, and it is showing .  Good for your for finishing so well in your four race series.  That is a lot of races to sustain your pace for, and it sounds like you are part of a very competitive age group.  You mentioned the 79 year old who did all the races in the series.  I love that.  Not that it compares, because it was one race, not a series, but there was a 79 year old female at the 5K I did last weekend.  She finished first in the female 75+ group with a time of 29:43!  Much better than I did.  She received major cheers when they announced the division winners and she deserved them.

Marie - so glad to hear that you are back to running and it sounds like it is going well overall.  That is a lot to think about all at once, but it is good to know that form and intervals is having a positive affect.

Izzy - you received lots of good advice here about goals and plans.  Since I am goal-less and planless at the moment, all I can say is it sounds like what I need to do, too.

C25K Completed 05/05/10

2011 Races: 5K - 1/16/11 - 33:40; 5K - 1/30/11 - 32:02; 2/12/11 - 5 Mile - 58:07; 2/27/11 - 5K - 32:54; 3/19/11 - 5K - 32:29

2010 Races: 5K - 12/31/10 - 32:53; 5K - 11/28/10 - 32:19; 5K - 8/14/10 - 32:57; 4 Mile - 7/4/10 - 44:58; 5K - 6/23/10 - 33:28; 5K - 6/5/10 - 33:12

• rbrouill Amateur 12 posts since
    Feb 26, 2009
    509. Aug 23, 2010 8:29 PM (in response to disneygal2)

Finished my first 5K yesterday!! I went throught the C25K program this summer with my 9 year old daughter (my running partner) and my sister (she lives 3 hrs away - but we supported each other by text or email after every workout) and we all met up and participated in our first 5K together!
    For now will probably continue running 30 min 3x week...but may look into training for a 10K.

C25K started 6/14/10
    Graduated C25K 8/13/10

Finished my first ever 5K 8/22/10 (not officially timed - around 37min according to my iPod)

Finished Oktoberfest 5K 9/18/10 (34min 07sec) Proud to run with my sister, brother, 9year old daughter, 70year old dad, and my niece and nephew!
    Finished Komen Race for the Cure 5K 10/10/10 (32min 31sec) Ran in celebration of my sister and mother-in-law!

1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 38 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...