Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2099 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 25, 2010 3:17 PM by grid-rider RSS
iluv2hash@yahoo.com Rookie 5 posts since
May 17, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 25, 2010 5:47 AM

Weird Throbbing in calves that can be painful...

I have been running marathons for 15+ years and in the past three years or so I have developed a new pain...I get a weird dead leg feeling in my legs quite a bit. It affects both legs but not usually at the same time. It's to the point that on an occasional run, I have almost fallen because my leg was numb or feeling dead.

More often than not, though, I get a throbbing in my calves. It's not the tendons or ligaments. It's the muscle. It usually starts at the top of my calve and throbs down. It can become quite painful. Has anyone ever heard of this? I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I have a knot of what look like spider veins on the back of my right leg. (It has been there forever) and recently developed one on the back of my left leg. The throbbing is predominantly in the right leg but I have had it in the left....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points