Skip navigation

1833 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 13, 2010 10:35 AM by KWiley112 RSS
kazz33 Rookie 1 posts since
Mar 7, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 7, 2010 11:43 PM

Numbness in toes

I was told 2 years ago I had plantar facsiitis and had to have new soles put in my shoes and it helped greatly, but for the last 6 months or so I have had numbness in my 4 smaller toes on both feet and the front parts of my toes are sore and are peeling , I was just wondering if anyone else had this also and  could it be related to the plantar faciitis.

Thanks Kazz

• KWiley112 Rookie 7 posts since
    Apr 11, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 13, 2010 10:35 AM (in response to kazz33)
    Re: Numbness in toes

I suffer from plantar fasciitis off and on along with a heel spur.  While I have not had the numbness you describe or peeling skin, I have found that the only way to keep it at bay is stretching on a daily basis.  I am very conscious about sleeping with my foot flexed instead of pointed, definitely flex before getting out of bed and keep feet in a more flexed position than pointed when sitting.  Plus I always warm up and stretch before Crossfit workouts and definitely stretch after.  Oh and I also have custom orthotics in my sneakers and try where other shoes/sandals with an arch support.   I never go barefoot and at the doctors strong recommendation, stopped jogging.  Lastly, if the heel starts hurting and looks inflammed, I try to roll it on a frozen water bottle.

Hope this helps.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points