Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1453 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2010 10:30 AM by Billiken on the Run RSS
jcrule Amateur 228 posts since
Jan 9, 2001
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 10, 2010 1:44 PM

Anybody know about Mizuno Wave Creation 9, 10 and 11??

I just bought a very expensive pair of running shoes.  After trying on quite a few pairs of shoes at a dedicated running shoe store, I got the Mizuno Wave Creationg 11's.  I was wondering if anybody knows if there is a huge difference between the versions 9 and 10 and 11?  I'd like to order another pair for using daily...not running (heck, maybe even another running pair) and thought maybe the older versions would be cheaper for practically the same shoe?

I am in Brooks Defyance 2's right now, but they are just getting too broken down and my arches feel like they are not supported enough.

I used to have a pair of Nike Volmero (sp?) and they were so comfy, but way too cushy for running...*tears*.  ;-)

Seems like alot of shoe questions are popping up here on the board....must be close to Spring.

Jill

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Upcoming Races:

~ Love'em or Leave'em Valentine's Day Dash 5K - 2/13/10 (32:50)

~ Some local St. Patty's Day 5K, gotta register for one - 3/13/10

~ Birch Bay Road Race 5K - 3/27/10

~ Need to register for a 10K before June

~ Seattle Rock 'n' Roll Half!!!!!  6/26/2010

~ Danskin Triathlon (Sprint) - 8/15/10

• jjksutton Pro 52 posts since
    Feb 20, 2010

From what i can tell the 11's are a bit lighter and stiffer than the 10's.  I don't know what kind of deals you can find on the 10s or 9s. 

I suppose it would be an issue of finding them but there are some on ebay for a range of prices (from $5 for a used pair to over $100...avg about $75).

Another option you may want to look at are Mizuno Wave Rider 12's.  They're about an ounce lighter than the Creation 11s and can be found for around $50.  My wife and I both run in them and they are very comfortable for us.  She has Nike Vomeros for her last pair.  She thought they were nice but a little too cushiony for her.

• Billiken on the Run Pro 135 posts since
    Nov 28, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    2. Mar 11, 2010 10:30 AM (in response to jcrule)
    Re: Anybody know about Mizuno Wave Creation 9, 10 and 11??

The heel on the newest version (I think it's the 11) is noticeably softer than the older ones.  It's not the cushioning inside the shoe but the layer of rubber between the wave plate/plastic and the sole.  I don't have an opinion as to whether it's better or worse, it's just different.  I'd try a pair of the older ones on first if you're using the 11s already.

Joe

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...