Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

13077 Views 41 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2010 8:35 PM by Jasmine1972 Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Christine Maciver Graessle Amateur 18 posts since
    Jan 13, 2010

Sounds good!  I thought we had to rack by our race number for Iron Girl?  I'm totally new at this so I don't know but that's just what I thought.

I will more likely eat dinner at home--I still have to plan that out but I am thinking I'll eat before 7 and go to bed around 9:30.  We'll see how reality pans out.  I hope I'm not still running around packing things at midnight!!!

I would really like to see everyone at the expo though.  I was thinking of going to the 2:30 course talk but I'll go at noon or 4:30 if that works better for your schedules. 

Christine

Jan 13, 2010

Got my packet via email yesterday. It sounds like we will have assigned racks for our bikes so we won't be able to rack together. I'll let you know my number once I get it if I can find time to get on line that night.

Anyone decided their Saturday schedule yet? For my race dinner, I think I'll have a salad, then spaghetti with marinara sauce and a grilled chicken breast and spinach and brocolli and be done eating by no later than 7.  (Yes, I am going crazy - spending time on silly details when I should be swimming, biking, running, stretching, strengthening instead.)   I'm so nervous!

Christine

Jan 13, 2010

Hi TriAthlete! I went to the pre-race clinic last night. Maybe some good news -- the IronGirl rep said they have changed the incline coming out of the water to transition to the bike. It is still an incline but not as steep as last year. About a 300 meter run.  We'll know more tomorrow when we hear the course talk from the Race Director but that's encouraging!!  She also said they have 1400 participants signed up! Wow!

Christine

Jan 13, 2010

Wow that's seriously early.  Well, hopefully everyone heard it in the course talk today -- the hill from swim to the bike is exactly the same as last year.  Not slightly better (less steep).  Good luck and enjoy the experience everyone!

Christine

Jan 13, 2010

Yipppeee ! I finished too.  And thankfully, I won't say I was miserable at any point.  It was a challenge.  My low points:  I had a dropped chain and cramp in my side when I started the run.  My high points:  easy transition set up, comfortable transitions, a few short fast moments on my bike.  Today, I'm glad I decided to do this and I'm thankful I was able to complete it.  Great seeing you all out there.  And Jasmine/JoAnn, thanks again for all your wisdom and support -- it got me through to the finish line.

I'm working on writing everything I can remember about the race and I'll post it.  Other's race reviews from previous years were really helpful so I want to pass on the favor.

Congratulations everyone! 

Christine

• swimthetide Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 15, 2009

Congratulations Jasmine!  I was inspired by all the women at the Iron Girl.  That run up to T1 was quite a trek!  Thank you for all your posts leading up to the event.  I checked the night before to see the what happened at the course talks because I wasn't able to attend.  A dinner next year would be a lot of fun.  This was the first time I had been to the Lake Lanier resort, and I think next year I will have to turn the Iron Girl into a mini vacation.

Keep up your training. It sounds like you are doing awesome.  Your next goal could be the Augusta 70.3 half ironman... Just a thought. 

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...